Hunted: Chapter 8 - Saving Faith

Since there was a storm in my area yesterday, my first day of school was postponed until tomorrow. So, I have time to post today. Yay.

Harumi storms up to her impostor and points an accusing finger at her. "That isn't me, Emperor Garmadon."

Harumi points another accusing finger. "You're the impostor! Arrest her n—!"

Lord Garmadon puts a hand up. " Let. Her. Speak."

"That is Mystake. The shape-shifting Oni I was telling you about. She tried to get the Master of Amber close enough to touch you so that the Resistance could turn your power against us." Harumi explains to Lord Garmadon.

Skylor undos her bounds. She lunges at Harumi and Lord Garmadon, but Ultra Violet was quick to grab the back of her shirt and shove her back to the ground. She takes out her sai and points it at Skylor's throat.

Mystake, seeing Skylor in trouble, runs up to Skylor's aid, but Killow grabs her before she could get too close. "Well done, Harumi," Lord Garmadon says as Mystake flails about. Harumi smiles. "It's good to have you back, my child."

"The pleasure was all mine, Father."

Skylor gets up and shoves herself out of Ultra Violet's grip. "He's not your father. His son and daughter are Lloyd and Katarina-!" Skylor grunts as Ultra Violet shoves her back down.

Lord Garmadon shifts his attention to Mystake, who was still in Harumi's form. "I thought I smelled an Oni. Looks like your plan backfired."

"The only thing that backfired is you turning against your father's realm," Mystake spoke in her human voice. Her expression shifts to an angry glare. "Ninjago is a place of light, and you are a source of shadow."

"You know it all turns to darkness."

"The future is not in your hands."

"Show me, Oni!" Lord Garmadon growls out. "Show me your real face. Or are you worried what your friends might think of you, demon?"

Mystake smirks. "Maybe I'll show you." She les out a monstrous growl as she floats in the air, covered in black smoke. Killow covers his ears, letting her go. The being in the black smoke comes back down quickly, the smoke slowly revealing her.

Mystake was in her Oni form now. Her skin was black as night, and top of her head were two small horns. Her eyes were that of a humans and glowed a pink color. On the underside of her mouth were large fangs jutting out. There were markings all over her face, and her collarbone and ribcage were visible. Her feet resembled that of a goat's. She wore a dark, purple belt around her waist that carried two bags.

"But only for you to see what a full-blooded Oni can do!" Mystake screams in a demonic, Oni voice. She kicks her legs back and rams her head into Lord Garmadon's ribcage like a bull. His back slams into his throne.

She runs up to the dark lord, but gets sent back when he throws a blast of his Destruction directly at her. She seems unfazed by his power, using only her smoke to protect her. She sends a small pulse, releasing the power into the air.

Skylor, seeing Mystake fight, decides to fight against Ultra Violet. She shoves Ultra Violet off her back once again, this time, turning around and kicking her from behind before Ultra Violet has the chance to push her back down to the ground.

Harumi lunges herself at Mystake, who was watching Skylor fight Ultra Violet. "NO!" Mystake roars and throws Harumi off of her. Harumi lands on the ground, at least a dozen of feet away from the Oni and her Emperor.

Seeing an opening, Skylor makes her way to Lord Garmadon. Harumi lifts half of her body up and turns her head towards Killow. "Don't let her touch the Emperor!" Killow walks hurriedly towards Skylor and grabs her with both of his hands before she had the chance to lay a hand on Lord Garmadon.