Master of the Mountain: Chapter 2 - Into the Dark

"See? I told ya. How amazing!" Jay tells Nya, who smiles lovingly at him. The Bounty sails in the Ivory City.

"I'll admit, I wasn't sure it could live up to the legend, but..." She lets out a serene sigh. "It's even more beautiful."

"The Ivory City of Shintaro. Incredible." Wu marvels. The guards of the royals stop the ship at the front of the palace, and one of them promises to repair the Bounty and get her in the sky again. Hailmar escorts the Ninja and Wu inside the palace. The inside of the palace was made of marble with gold accents, and the inside of the throne room had sky blue carpet complete with gold and marble.

"It is with great honor, King Vangelis, that I present the famed ninja of Ninjago." Hailmar announces to the King, Vangelis, who was dressed in sky blue and white robes with gold accents. His black hair was combed back.

"Welcome, welcome!" Vangelis stands up with a wide smile on his face. "I'm most pleased you were able to accept our invitation. It is an honor." He bows before the Ninja and Wu respectively, who bow before the King as well.

"The honor is ours. Shintaro is beyond anything we imagined." Wu says.

"I am only a mere figurehead. The citizens of our proud city are the heart of Shintaro."

"Figureheads, huh? Reminds me of the Royal Jade Family of Ninjago City. Remember what Water Lily said? They were figureheads who didn't hold any real power over us, showing off their gold and glamour for everyone to see." Keres scoffs.

"What are you saying?" Katarina whispers lowly. Lloyd looks to her with slight disapproval.

"I'm saying the same could go for the king and the princess of the Skyfolk, Yang. They both don't hold any power over their people. Just showoffs with pretty smiles on their faces." Keres explains. "Like the Quiet One-"

"As if the rulers of the Skyfolk are the same like Harumi," Lloyd narrows his eyes at her. "I know you hate Harumi for what she had you do, but that doesn't mean the royals are the same. You're so cynical and jaded, Keres-"

"Oh, they're here!" The Ninja look up to find the princess hovering down with her synthetic wings. Two guards were accompanying her. The princess was wearing sky blue and white robes, with intricate clouds designed on the edge of her dress. Her fine golden hair was put up in a braided bun and her cheekbones were a bit more pronounced on her face.

She seems nice.

The princess steps lightly on the floor. The guards take off her synthetic wings. The princess goes up to the Ninja, smiling from ear to her. Katarina could tell from her actions alone that she has a bubbly personality that could rival Jay's.

"And please, meet my heart. Her Royal Princess Vania." Vangelis smiles warmly.

"I am such a fan! I've read all about your adventures. It was my idea to invite you to my birthday." Vania beams with excitement. She looked like she could bounce up and down if she weren't so well trained in palace etiquette.

"It's an honor to be here, Princess." Cole bows respectively before the Princess, who does the same. She started asking questions about their adventures.

"So, is it true you've been to Hiroshi's Labyrinth?"

Zane nods firmly. "Affirmative."

"Competed in the Tournament of Elements?" Kai smirks proudly.

"Oh ho, do we have stories for you." He replies.

Her eyes sparkle and widen with curiousity and awe. "I need to hear them all."