17 | this is hell

17 | this is hell

A v i  E m b e r

I don't even want to go to the party tonight anymore

I don't even want to go to the party tonight anymore. I feel sick to my stomach sitting the heated library, where I assumed I would feel cozy, but heat actually makes me want to throw up the peanut butter sandwich from earlier even more. The buzzing of the fans above and the noisy teenagers push me to my limit, and I stand up dizzy and stomp out of the library. My lung ache for some fresh air, so I walk around the school and stretch my legs and try to balance everything in my body.

The cool air caresses my face and flutters through my hair, rushing deep into my lungs and back out. Breathing deep, I take in the scenery: the red and brown bricks of the high school against the bright, blue sky, the green trees swaying in the wind, their leaves fluttering to the ground when the branches are whipped too hard.

My eyes shut and I feel my way around the school, my hands against the rough bricks until my feet touch sidewalk.

I jump back in horror when my eyes flicker open, almost colliding with a couple pressed up against the wall.

"Shit, sorry!" I jump back and gasp. But God, it's too late.

Angry, grey eyes meet mine, and I glance away to avoid seeing more. I almost barf in my mouth. I cannot unseen what I just saw. The girls were right as ever about Axel.

I run inside of the school. "Gross!" I coo to myself.

I can't get the image out of my head, and every time I blink, I see those beautiful hands all over that girl, up her shirt, hot against her skin. Those lips, warm and passionate and hungry against hers, shoving her petite body up against the wall, her fingers twirling around caramel hair —tugging, breathing heavily, groaning, moaning...

"Boo!" Hands grabs my shoulders.

I open my mouth to scream, but my body is spun around so quickly that lips smash down on my own before I can make a sound. I tense, shivers rushing up my spine, my head spinning. And then I taste his slightly peppermint lips and relax, holding onto the strong figure kissing me. "You excited for the party tonight?" Tanner's arm tightens around my frail waist, his other hand moving up to my face as he looks down on me, at least a head taller.

I bite my lip and look down the hallway. "I feel like shit," I admit, my stomach aching maybe tens times more after witnessing what I just did. I pout and meet tanners icy blue eyes again. "I don't really wanna go anymore."

Tanner opens his mouth, obvious disappointment crossing his handsome, angular face. But then he sighs and rubs my back gently, leaning back against the locker beside mine. "Do you wanna do something else?" He asks, smoothing down my frizzy hair, messed up by the humid wind.

I shrug.

Tanner nods. "That's okay, babe. Do you mind if I go with my buds though?"

I shake my head and smile. "That would be a good idea," I laugh, "they're probably mad that I'm stealing you every night." He chuckles, and I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face into his chest. His even breaths calm me down, and I breathe deeply with him, trying to somehow relieve the burn in my gut, and destroy the images in my mind.