39 | prison can make you do silly things

I have to stop myself from clinging to Axel the entire night we visit with his friends. But throughout dinner, and the rest of the night, we keep exchanging glances, and I know both of us are itching to say goodnight and go back home. I don't feel bad about it. Will's here for good. So will Jem be in just a month. They can see Axel all they want then. Right now, I need him. Four months without him touching me was way too much. I didn't even long for him that much when he and I separated for 2 years. 

Tasha notices everything. She notices this too and glances from me to Axel on opposite couches and yawns, nudging my side. "Well, it's getting late," she murmurs. "We should call it a night." 

Axel stands up rather quickly and nods. "Yeah, sounds good."

"I'm not tired yet," Jem states, crossing her arms. 

Axel eyes me as he chuckles and rubs his little sisters shoulders. "It's bed time, kid. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

She frowns hard. "What? I'm coming back home with you." 

Axel opens his mouth. He doesn't know what to say, and he looks at me for help. I suck air in through my teeth. I'm not about to be the one to tell Jem she can't stay with us.  

"We already have all of your stuff here, and a place set up for you to sleep," Will tells her. "Come on," he says sternly like she's one of his daughters too, "say goodnight and go brush your teeth. It's way past your bedtime."

She pouts but doesn't object, and gives Axel and I hug before stomping into the bathroom. We're all flabbergasted. Will shrugs like it's nothing but Jamie smiles with pride and adoration. I guess Will really does have what it takes to be a father. Axel and I say goodnight to him an Jamie, and part with Tasha in the parking lot.

I drive home, and Axel's quiet most of the way, his hand on my thigh as he bops his head to some rock music on the radio. I can tell he's exhausted. I can tell he's already thinking, and planning what he's going to do now that he's out of jail. He's going to have to catch in his program, and find a new job. His shoulders are tense with stress. 

Luckily I think I can find a cure for that...

He yawns when we get inside and step into the elevator and slides his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to kiss the top of my head. 

I place a hand on his chest and smile up at him. "You happy to be home?"

He chuckles. "Is that even a question?" He pecks my lips. "Of course."

"So, uh," I start saying, and he eyes me as I struggle to ask him, "how'd you, you know, get off in prison?" 

His eyes lighten up as he bursts out into a laugh. "Have you been wanting to ask me that since I got out?"

I blush madly as we walk to our apartment. "No, I just missed you a lot is all, and I..."

He stops at our door and leans a shoulder against it. "Continue."

I laugh and shove him lightly. "No. I mean I had privacy, obviously. Could you do anything in prison?" 

"Are you actually asking me if I masterbated in prison?" 

"No!" I whisper harshly, glancing around to see if any of our neighbours were coming out of their doors and heard. I glance back at my boyfriend guiltily and murmur, "yes." 

Axel smirks, teasing me with his eyes. "I didn't have a cellmate for a while," he tells me, "so all I had to do was think about you and my right hand did the rest."

I chuckle, sighing heavily. "I missed you so much." 

Axel takes me into his arms, nuzzling my neck as he fumbles to open our door, his hands sliding all over my body before we even get inside. "I don't know if you could notice all night," he whispers, kicking off his shoes without slowing down, "but I'm really fucking horny." 

I chuckle. "I could tell." 

He scoffs and squeezes my ass, and roughly sucks on my neck, his facial hair scratching against my skin. I screech, and then there's a whimper, and Axel and I pull apart as Luci jumps up on us, wanting some attention too.

Axel chuckles and hugs his baby. He glances at me and says seriously, "go to the bedroom and take off your clothes." I think about telling him not to tell me what to do but I'm already wandering into the bedroom. I hear Axel and Luci shuffle into the living room and Axel tell Luci to go to sleep, probably sitting down beside him and petting him a little so the puppy relaxes again after we probably woke him. 

I've stripped naked by the time Axel wanders into our bedroom. He stops in his tracks as I stand in front of him, and slowly closes the door behind him. I know I look different than when he left. I've been working out. I've been eating better. I've been getting my life on track, even though I've been breaking a little inside with every day he was away from me. But I look good. And I'm not afraid to admit that, to show him that.

Axel can't hide the lust in his eyes. He doesn't try to. 

He stares at me so long that I have to break the silence. "Okay," I mutter, "but the beard has to go." 

His eyes flicker to mine with amusement. He strokes his beard and shrugs, "I don't know, babe, I'm kind of liking it. I think I'll keep it for awhile." 

I cringe. "At least take some of it off." 

"Then I wouldn't be able to do this..." he says approaching me, and then quickly tugs me closer, picking me up into his arms in an attempt to rub his facial hair all over me to tickle me. I latch onto him, giggling ferociously, and tug him down onto the bed. I don't even care if I don't win this fight right now, I want him. I start tugging on his shirt but he quickly crawls off of me and murmurs, "I'm going to turn off the lights real quick." 

I get up in confusion as the room goes black. "No, Ax, leave them on. I want to see you."

"Eh," he groans, coming back to me, kissing my neck. "It's too bright." 

"I'll turn the lamp on then," I suggest. 

He grabs my hands before I can reach for it. 

I gasp and tug away from him, turning on the lights to confront him. "What's going on?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "What do you mean?" 

"Did something happen to you?"

"No," he says, but I know he's lying. 

"What happened to you, baby?" I ask, sliding an arm around his waist. 

He shakes his head. "Nothing happened. I, uh, I got a tattoo and I —"

"You got a tattoo in prison?" I gasp. "Axel!"

He chuckles. "It's nothing bad or anything."

"What is it?"

"Nothing," he groans, trying to get me off the topic. 

"What does it say, Axel?" I implore, trying to pull his shirt off to find it. He grabs my hands in his, shaking his head again, but I manage to pull his shirt aside where I can start to see the beginning of my name tattooed across the left side of his chest.

He sighs, defeated, and pulls his entire shirt off, showing me the entire tattoo. "Before you judge me," he chuckles, "I, um," he eyes me, beginning an explanation, and just shrugs. "Damn, I just missed you. This made it feel like you were with me." He bites down on his lip, waiting for a reaction. "I know we both talked about not liking the idea of getting a significant other's name tattooed on us, but I gave in. Prison can make you do silly things, I guess. Are you mad?"

I smile softly, shaking my head. "I don't think it's that silly anymore." I trace my finger over Axel's shoulder and down his chest, feeling the healed tattoo. "Now I'll just have to end up in prison to get a matching one," I tease.

"The fuck you will," he growls lightly and picks me up again, throwing me onto the bed, and I lean back as he unbuckles his pants in front of me.