10 | is it over?

Vale by Black Veil Brides

10 | is it over?

"I have no idea what love even is"

It's Sunday night, just after 11, and I can't sleep

It's Sunday night, just after 11, and I can't sleep. All I think about is Axel. And how I thought we were finally getting somewhere. And how that was totally wishful thinking. My parents are right. A little, anyway. Will is too, more than I want to admit it. But it doesn't even matter to me. I can't help it, but I know exactly how I feel about Axel and the way he looked at me, and kissed me, and held me — that had to be real too. 

I haven't seen or spoken with him since yesterday morning, and I can't stand not knowing where he's at, or if he's thinking about me at all. 

So I text him. 

Hey.

He replies within seconds. 

hey

I cant help but smile at his message. I didn't know if he'd reply. 

I'm sorry about everything. It's all my fault. Please don't hate me. 

I could never hate you Aviana

So is this it? Is it over?

Do you even know what IT is? Because I don't. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Can't do this over text. 

My heart hurts again. He didn't say what he wanted and yet the idea is loud and clear. He's not interested anymore.

・・・

I see Sam closing her locker and rush over to her.

"Hey, Avi," she says, looking a little worried. 

I try to smile the best that I can. "Hola." 

"Want to get a popsicle from the caf?" She asks, waving a five dollar bill. I nod awkwardly and follow her, knowing that she's dying to ask me a million questions. And then when we walk out of the line to sit down on one of the benches with our freezies, she only sighs and tells me, "I love you no matter what, and I don't care what Will thinks, but I support whatever you do." 

I bring her into a hug. "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing," I whisper. 

"I want you to know that there are Tanner rumours going around the school," she says softly, leaning in so that no one hears. "Well, I though they were only rumours at first," she looks away guiltily, "but since you said what you did on Saturday, every time I see that son of a bitch, I want to rip his face off." I don't even know what to say to her. She quickly adds, "and I think Axel is more than what your brother says. He's the one who saved you, right?" 

I nod and lean in closer. "I'm in love with him, Sam." 

Sam smiles. "I can tell. But," she glances past me when I group wanders into the caf from the back parking lot, "do you really think he's in love with you?"