25 | Valentine's Day

I missed you guys so much

I try not to think about things that happened in the past

I try not to think about things that happened in the past. They happened, and I can't change that, and I sure as hell don't want to relive them. Plus, I'm filled with contentment, and I don't know if I could hold myself together if I lost that too.

Today's Valentines Day, and like usual, Axel and Luci are out for their morning run. I pretend to be asleep when Axel kisses my cheek before he crawls out of bed, and wait until I hear the apartment door click shut ten minutes later, and get up and pack my gift for him. I had no idea what I wanted to get him; and I don't want to fuck it up because we've never spent a Valentine's Day together before.

In the end, I decided he'd literally be happy for anything because it was coming from me, at I least I hoped so, so I googled 'what to get your boyfriend for Valentine's Day'. It was pretty easy picking out his gift. He's been needing a new backpack for school, so I got him that, filled it with his favourite chocolate, and some other things I thought he needed: a watch, boxers, new socks and a shirt. And then I also put in a card that said 'Happy Valentine's Day to You' and then in smaller letters 'and your penis'.

The only thing left to do is stick a bow on the bag and set it on the couch, so I do that and spend the rest of my time worrying my gift sucks, or that I didn't spend enough, or that I spent too much.

I take a quick shower too and pull on a cute black top with frilly sleeves and a pair of jeans, and douse myself in perfume.

Axel is taking forever to come home. I get suspicious because he and Luci don't usually take this long, but I don't text him to find out because I'm sure there's a reason behind it. Instead, I sit down on the couch and wait them out. 

I hear Axel's key slide into the lock and act casual, that is until Luci comes racing in to give me kisses. 

"Happy Valentine's Day boy," I giggle, scratching his ears, and glance up at Axel closing the door. 

He frowns at me, and his face goes white. "It's Valentine's Day?" 

I feel my heart sink, but I don't fret about it. "Yeah," I shrug. "Happy Valentine's Day." I get up to give Axel a hug and peck his lips, leading him to the living room. "I got you a present," I tell him, motioning to the bag. 

"Oh my God. Really?"

"Yeah. It's filled with stuff."

He backs away and runs his fingers through his hair. "Shit, babe." 

I rub his arm gently. "No, it's okay. Here, open it." 

"Oh gosh, wow," he mumbles, accepting the bag, "if only I'd gotten you something." 

"Babe, don't wo—" I'm cut off by a knock on the door. 

I frown and glance at Axel to see if he's expecting anyone.