1.4

After Gracie came downstairs to eat breakfast Madelyn said she was gonna go out. The two girls who clearly were still in love with each other were once again left alone, however this time sober. And since drunk words are sober thoughts, no thoughts were exchanged, only facts, about dogs, family members, work and all that stuff. But the subject of romantic relationships was never touched, neither would dare; afraid of the answer.

Ivy was measuring the dog food to give to Aussie, as Gracie petted him. Of course the dog recognized her, when Ivy met Gracie she had merely gotten the dog a few weeks before so all his childhood was alongside Gracie. Both found themselves on the couch cuddling, a very typical thing in the past, Aussie was scared of everything when little, every sound, every movement so Gracie would comfort him and they could sit on the couch for hours, most of the time Ivy thought her dog liked the singer more than her.

As Ivy held Aussies plate on the air calling him out to the backyard he jumped off the sofa, falling at a weird angle but still ran as fast as he could towards his food. Both girls laughed at the dog Gracie adding "After a year he still is the same that little one"
The younger girl nodded turning around to look at Gracie on the couch " yeah he is, I can't believe he's all big now, remember when he was so little that he could even fit in my pencil case?"
"Ha" Gracie snorted "yeah, I still can't believe you put Aus in your pencil case"
"Well, I - I was just curious" Ivy replied blushing from embarrassment as Gracie kept laughing.

"Anyways, I have to go walk Aussie so do you wanna come with me and get lunch? There's this pizza place no too far. We could also talk about, -" the actress motioned with her hand herself and Gracie "whatever this is.."
The singer smiled and nodded "yeah sure, I would love to eat pizza  and you know- talk"
"Okay cool" Ivy nodded going to grab Aussies leash.

The two girls found themselves walking side by side on the street, Aussie ahead of them as Gracie held him with a leash, she wouldn't let the singer hold him because of her hurt hand.
The sky was partially cloudy but it still look radiantly blue as the sun found a way to shine in between the clouds.
A comfortable silence overcame them as they walked, they just enjoyed each others company in silence only talking to argue who's turn it was to pick up Aussies poo, to Ivy's luck she used her hurt hand as an excuse every time and Gracie fell for it every time too.

After half an hour went by the two girl arrived at 'Pedro's Pizza', the pizzeria was full probably because it was lunch time so Ivy pulled in a favor from Pedro the owner who was her friend, as the white haired man came over Ivy smiled at him as he told Gracie to wait a minute and then walked towards the man.

"Hola Pedro, cómo estás?" Ivy greeted his friend after hugging him.
["Hi Pedro, how are you?]

"Hola Ivy, estoy súper bien pero cuéntame que le paso a tu mano?" Pedro asked worriedly motioning to the girls left hand.
["hey Ivy, I'm super good but tell me what happened to your hand?"]

"Se rompió un vaso en mi mano, pero ahora estoy bien." The actress smiled thankful for his preoccupation, Pedro was her fathers friend, both where from Costa Rica so they bonded over that.
["a glass broke in mi hand, but I'm fine now"]

"Ya que bueno, y vienes a comer ?" Pedro replied
["ok good and did you come to eat?"]

"Si, vine a comer con mi amiga Gracie, está allí atrás con mi perro" Ivy replied pointing to Gracie who was at the terrace of the pizzeria with Aussie.
["yes, I came to eat with my friend Gracie, she's over there with my dog"]

The man nodded and went over to a waiter to tell him to give the girls a seat outside even if it was reserved. Ivy smiled and thanked the man as he followed the waiter. "Ready I got us a table"  Ivy said when they passed Gracie whom started following Ivy and the waiter.

Thankfully their table was in the corner of the terrace, more secluded so the girls could talk privately with no problem. They both sat down as Ivy thanked the waiter and Gracie tied the dog's leash to the table arm, all that went through her mind was how hot Ivy sounded while speaking Spanish, she always did love when she spoke it, especially when she used to call her "mi amor" ["my love"], those were one of her favorite times.

"So uh, you know the owner?" The singer asked curiously as the other girl nodded in response "yeah he knows my dad so"
"Oh okay, so it seems like you've been here a couple times so what do your recommend ?" Gracie asked while grabbing the menu.
"The pepperoni pizza, one hundred precent" Ivy replied enthusiastically.
"Okay then I'll get it"

Just after they finished deciding their drinks the waiter came over "Ivy, lo de siempre ?"
["ivy, the same as always?"]
"Si, por favor " Ivy replied while smiling
["yes please"]
"Y para tu novia?" The waiter asked motioning to Gracie who obliviously looked at the interaction.
["and for your girlfriend(romantic)"]
The other brunette blushed at his words saying "No es mi novia" as she laughed "Ella se sirve lo mismo"
["she's not my girlfriend"] ["she'll have the same"]
"Okay, gracias, thank you" he said before leaving

Gracie was curious to why Ivy started blushing so bad so she asked "What did he ask you that made you blush?"
Ivy immediately went into panic mode and lied "oh nothing, he was just making a joke" she brushed off. Nevertheless Gracie knew the girl was lying, she had a tell, her lips twitched as she said it, it was so slight that most people would miss it but after dating the girl she practically knew everything about her. But still she decided to not push and instead talk about what the reason they really came here.

"So uh, last night was-" Gracie started saying wanting to say that it was magical for her but Ivy  interrupted her "a mistake, we were both drunk and you know you're hot so..."
The singer nodded, and fake smiled at the girl, her words cut deep, am I just a mistake to her? Nothing more?
"Yeah I guess" she replied, the actress nodded in acknowledgment, her and Gracie didn't work out the first time so why would they work now? However it still hurt once her own words came out of her own mouth "so, friends?"
"Of course" the older girl replied taking Ivy's hand in hers and shaking it. Just friends I guess

A/n
thanks for all the feedback!
Do you like how the story is going ? Or would you like it going faster?
Any recommendations are welcome :)