1.27

"I really hope that coffee is for me"

"Good morning to you too"

Ivy woke up to the sound of thunder and rain hitting her bedroom window forcefully. Before even opening her eyes she felt the pounding headache from the burn on her right temple coming from her cut.

A faint hiss of pain came through her lips, as her hand that was on Gracie's arm moved to her stitches, the actress wanting to make sure they were still there.

She waited a few minutes, petting Aussie which had also woken up and was curled up into her as the poor dog was scared of thunder.
As much as she tried to distract herself from the pain it still wavered and seemed like it didn't want to wave the white flag of surrender.

"Graciee" she called out to her girlfriend while kissing her face. The other girls eyes seemed to slowly flutter open as she mumbled incomprehensible words.

Once the singer had remembered all that happened she quickly opened her eyes, pulling herself up with her hands.
"Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Ivy nodded, smiling lightly "yeah, I just don't know where you left the painkillers the doctor gave me"

"Oh I think they're still in my bag, does it hurt too much?" The older girl said while pushing the sheets off herself and standing up to go to her bag.

"A little bit" the brunette replied from the bed as she slowly propped herself up with her elbow but as soon as she did so she plopped back to the bed as she felt the world spinning around her.
Gracie threw her a look that said 'I know you're lying' while she scrambled to find the painkillers in her bag .
"Okay yeah, a lot" the actress confessed sighing.

"Okay here we go, you're supposed to take two" the singer said once she found them, heading back to the bed and crawling to Ivy with the pills in hand.
The older brunette reached to Ivy's nightstand, turned on her lamp and grabbed the glass water that was always there, the actress never slept without water near her.

A certain quietness filled the room; only the constant raindrops hitting the window and the thunder coming out of nowhere were heard.
Weenie laid asleep at the feet of the bed on Gracie's said while Aussie remained with his head resting on Ivy's leg.

"Do you need help sitting up Vee?" The singer asked gently while holding the pills on the glass of water in one hand while the other was on Ivy's arm.
"Sure" the younger girl reluctantly answered, she was never one to reach out for help, always wanting to do things herself lo

Gracie immediately helped her up, grabbing both her shoulder and pulling her girlfriend into a sitting position so she could drink the water, she then moved toward Ivy's back, pressings her front against it to provide some type of stability.
"W- wait one sec" the actress said once sitting as she got really dizzy and her head started hurting.

"Sure baby" the older girl replied, looking at Ivy worriedly but nevertheless tilting her head to kiss her neck sweetly.

After a few seconds had gone by Ivy spoke up saying she was ready to take the painkillers. Gracie gave them to her and held the cup of water to her lips when she had swallowed them.

Soon enough both girls were cuddled beneath the grey silk sheets, the actress's head resting in between Gracie's head and shoulder, their legs tangled together and hands holding each other in a light but reassuring grip. The singer had already fallen asleep, her inhaled and exhales perfectly in sync.
Ivy smiled to herself, nothing could ever be more perfect, 2022 was going to be her year.