3. Hunger

Ushijima startled as his window was tapped on, in the middle of putting a blanket in his hamper to be washed. He peered into the dark before sighing and cracking open his window. "Hello Satori."

"Hi Toshi! Want some cake?"

"Why do you have cake?" Ushijima questioned, lifting Tendou up into the room.

"Practicing." He handed Ushijima the container. "Tomorrow is Friday."

"It is."

"What movie are we watching?"

"Whatever you want," Ushijima responded softly. He seemed so tired.

Tendou gently lifted his chin. "This time was difficult?"

"Very."

"You always get so depressed around your rut time. What's up with that?"

"I don't know." Ushijima picked up his laptop and found a YouTube video to drown out the noise of them talking. Tendou had a hold on his chin again and smiled. "What is it?"

"You're so cute, you know that?"

Ushijima blushed, looking away. "Thank you Satori."

Tendou nudged him closer, giggling at how Ushijima huffed. "You know you want to eat the cake."

Ushijima turned and whined softly. "Please it feels like you're teasing me. Right after a rut..."

Tendou paused. "Oh god sorry."

"It's okay." Ushijima paused, his hands finding their way to each other where they twisted nervously. They both always got nervous when that came up due to the fact that they had at some point in their past confessed to each other and gotten together.

It was the past though and they didn't act on the confession. They still had activities that they did together that were for couples but neither one minded, able to hide it from anyone else.

"Would you like to stay over tonight?"

Tendou's face split into a grin. "I would love to. Isn't your mom home?"

"She is about to leave."

"She got the night shift? Lucky us."

Ushijima hummed. "I have to change the bedding. I don't want you to smell my rut."

Tendou laughed and sat on the floor. He heard footsteps and hurried into the closet, hiding behind a few boxes and low hanging clothes. Ushijima closed the door and went back to cleaning up his mess.

Tendou tensed as he heard the bedroom door open. "I'm going to go now. I'm not picking anything up on the way back from work."

"Okay."

"Did I hear you talking a moment ago?"

"I was just answering the questions on that video out loud."

Tendou rolled his eyes. He was such a bad influence on poor Ushijima. Ushijima would've never lied to his mother if it wasn't for Tendou.

"Is something wrong?"

"I smell that whore you always hang out with at school. Were you using his smell for your rut?"

"No. He asked me to hold onto his textbooks. Just the ones for science."

She peered in his bag and nodded. "Got it. Bye."

"Goodbye. Be safe."

Tendou stayed where he was at until he knew the coast was clear and went back to Ushijima's room. "She gone yet?"