25. Changes

Turns out I forgot I had the rest of this book in my docs so here y'all are 😭

Another month had passed and Tendou had started to change a lot. Ushijima had noticed it in not only his sleeping habits but also his anxieties. Everything had to be clean for the baby. Everything felt like clutter. He needed his space to be clean.

Tendou stayed up for hours doing schoolwork and cleaning up his room and bathroom. Ushijima could barely sleep through the movement and had told him a lot to go to bed but just got ignored. Tendou needed to stay awake to monitor his own body, sleeping during the day and staying up at night when he thought he may go into labor. He'd already thrown tantrums and gotten hysterical telling his mother that he needed to go to the hospital because he thought he was in labor when it was truly just gas and false contractions.

Recently he'd panicked a lot over whether or not he was in labor. It was a little annoying to deal with but Ushijima knew he was just really tired of being pregnant and was getting antsy.

"Babe! I think he's trying to get out!"

Ushijima opened his eyes slightly. "Why?"

"He's kicking me pretty hard."

"He's moving around love." Ushijima closed his eyes. "You need to sleep."

Tendou whined. "Babe you have to believe me. Come on."

Ushijima leaned over a bit and put his hand on Tendou's stomach. "He's just moving."

Tendou leaned into him. "You're being a dick."

"I'm tired Satori. You need to lay down."

"Night time is the time most people give birth. I'm nervous. Be supportive asshole." Tendou laid down and used his pillow this time so he would be comfortable. Ushijima snuggled up behind him, kissing his neck.

"I love you."

Tendou whined softly. "You really think it's a false alarm again?"

"Yes love."

"But I felt that weird pull and pain thing again."

Ushijima hummed. "If it gets worse I'll check him again."

Tendou groaned quietly. "This whole growing a human thing is so anxiety inducing."

Ushijima hummed quietly. An hour passed by and they were both asleep before Ushijima woke back up because Tendou had moved.

"Babe. Babe I'm serious this time," Tendou whispered. He groaned quietly. "That contraction didn't feel like a practice one."

"Love..."

Tendou sat up. "Wakatoshi I'm so serious right now."

Ushijima sat up with him, fully awake now. He held Tendou's hand and felt of his stomach. Etsumi was kicking like crazy and wouldn't calm even when Ushijima flared his scent. His eyes met Tendou's and he took a deep breath. "Satori?"

Tendou laughed nervously. "I've felt contractions all day but I was working on stuff so I thought it was normal."

Ushijima's nervous laugh surfaced and he hugged his mate. He leaned back and held Tendou's hands. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I feel okay. I should feel another contraction in about an hour. Maybe an hour and a half." He sighed shakily. "It's just that I felt real pain and freaked out but it makes sense. Even if he's a little early."

"Early babies run in my family." Ushijima held his hand over Tendou's stomach and he smiled. "Would you like to try and go back to sleep? The hospital won't admit us right now."

Tendou nodded. He laid back down, leading Ushijima to hold him so that he could feel his stomach. Tendou fell asleep and Ushijima waited patiently for the long whimper that would come when he had another contraction come on.

Soon enough it came and Ushijima felt him wake up. Tendou curled into himself a bit before groaning. "Fuck."

"I'm going to go get your mother, okay?"

"No, no. Stay with me." Tendou grabbed his phone. "I'll call her."

Ushijima sat up with him and rubbed his back slowly. "Can I at least get you some water? Something to eat?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I have chicken leftover in the fridge."

Ushijima kissed his cheek before getting up to go heat up his food. When he came back Tendou's mother was helping Tendou stand and was leading him to the door. "What is going on?"

"I'm getting him upstairs. When they get strong enough he's going to find it difficult to walk upstairs and I don't want to have to deal with that."

Ushijima handed the food to his mother and helped Tendou up the stairs and to the couch where they turned on the TV and Tendou laid between them. He ate and felt more and more contractions until finally he was whimpering, the sun peeking through the curtains.

"Love would you like to go to the hospital? They're getting closer together now."

"They're thirty minutes apart, I'll be okay." Tendou shut his eyes, taking a deep breath. "I'm okay."

"Baby we need to get you up. I'm going to go get your bag. Wakatoshi, get him to the car. Please."

Ushijima tried to get Tendou to stand but Tendou panicked, holding Ushijima's arms tight. "Wakatoshi."

"I'm here love. I'm here. Please relax." He got him to stand up and kissed his temple. "Relax."

Tendou took a deep breath before bursting into tears. "It's gonna hurt so bad."

Ushijima sighed, leading him to the car. "It will be worth it. I'll be there by your side the whole time. You and Etsumi will come out of this perfectly healthy."

Tendou stopped walking, growling and cussing softly as he felt pain again.

Ushijima eased him into the car and knelt in front of him. "What do you need from me love?"

"Just be here." Tendou grabbed his hand, panting softly. "Fuck."

"What is it?"

"The pain isn't stopping." Tendou leaned into him and Ushijima rubbed his back slowly. "Oh god finally."

Ushijima smiled. He sat next to him, knowing another contraction would happen before they got to the hospital. Tendou's mother handed them a bag and Tendou managed out a soft thank you.

On the way to the hospital Tendou suddenly started to whimper, grabbing for Ushijima and Ushijima's hands, forcing them to touch his stomach. "He's kicking my ribs and everything else."

Ushijima scented Tendou lightly before letting go and giving him some water from the bag.

"I feel like I'm gonna pee myself."

"Satori if you pee yourself please don't be embarrassed." His mother looked in the mirror. "Besides when you came out I peed on you so I think you're okay."

"Mom!"

Ushijima chuckled. The hospital came into view and he was instantly relieved. "You're almost there."

"Oh thank God."

"I'm going to park and then you two can go inside."

Ushijima nodded and looked to Tendou, feeling his anxiety rising from the very depth of his being. He kissed Tendou's hair. "I'm here love."

Tendou grabbed his arm. "I'm peeing myself."

Ushijima looked down and saw the wet spot spreading from the back of his pants. "Your water broke."

Tendou cried out. "No, no!"

"Satori there's no blood. You're okay."

Tendou nodded. He got out of the car with Ushijima and felt a contraction as they started towards the door. He buckled, unable to continue for a moment. One of the desk workers hurried towards him, getting him in a wheelchair. Ushijima followed close behind, not taking an eye off of his family.