20. Confusion

I POSTED THE WRONG PART LMAO

Ushijima looked up from his bowl, curious as Tendou started to bob his head. "What are you doing?"

"The song they're playing. I like it." Tendou looked up and smiled. "You're cute."

Ushijima smiled back and glanced at his phone as it buzzed. His mother was calling again.

"Shit. Is she seriously still calling?"

"That's the hundred and sixty seventh time." Ushijima turned his phone over, sighing. "I'm just ignoring it."

"You do know that my mom won't let her hurt me. It's okay-"

"I'm done talking about her. What exactly do you want to buy for Etsumi?"

"Toys and clothes. Diapers come during the baby shower and from my mom's friends. We buy some too of course but not too many right now." Tendou tapped his hand to the table. "I want you to help me pick things out. Please no spacing out."

Ushijima looked up. "It's not often."

"I know babe. But still."

"I'm sorry."

Tendou's gaze softened. "What did you want to buy for him?"

"I'm not sure. I think I want to buy him something that you would find cute."

"Yeah? Like what baby love?"

"A bear onesie."

Tendou's eyes lit up. "Oh!"

Ushijima smiled. "A pair of shoes that look like one of your pairs."

"Awe." Tendou giggled, tearing up. "You're making me emotional."

Ushijima laughed. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!"

Ushijima stood, taking Tendou's hand. "I have a surprise for when we get home."

Tendou stood and smiled, kissing his cheek. "I'm excited. What kinda surprise?"

"I can't say." Ushijima led him to Tendou's mother's car. He noticed a note stuck to the windshield and plucked it off, confused.

'I'm sick and tired of seeing perfectly fine healthy bodies whored up like you. I hope your baby dies.'

Ushijima scoffed and threw it away. When he got in the car, Tendou was gently cradling his stomach and making soft kissing noises. "How is my little boy doing? Kicking papa because he ate butter and you seem to hate it? Huh?"

Ushijima started the car. "We need to call your mother."

"What? Why?" Tendou looked up. "Something wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong love. We need to tell her how the appointment went. I'm sure she's worried."

"Oh!" Tendou grabbed his phone and called his mother. "Hi mama!"

"Hi baby! How did your appointment go? Did we find the sex?"

"We did!" Tendou glanced to Ushijima, smiling. "Guess who's gonna have a grandson?"

"No way! You were right?!"

"I was! A mother's intuition is better than anything else."

"Oh shut up cocksucker."

"Wow mama. Hey what time do you get off work?"

"Not till nearly midnight."

Tendou's smile lowered. "Oh. I thought maybe we could have dinner tonight. Together."