14. Creation

Tendou whined softly as Ushijima moved his shoulder. "Satori wake up."

"Mm trying. Baby sucking the energy out of me." Tendou opened his eyes. "Babe?"

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna throw up. On you."

Ushijima lifted him and got him to the bathroom before he threw up. "Better?"

"Much." Tendou smiled softly. "God this is exhausting."

Ushijima eased him up and kissed his hair. "A bath. Then breakfast."

Tendou smiled, giggling. "And then baby pics!"

Ushijima laughed. He got Tendou undressed and into the tub, filling it with warm water.

"Remember, I can't take baths too often because they could be risky." Tendou moved back and sighed heavily.

"Got it. I'll go get you something to eat." He kissed his cheek and went upstairs. He paused at the top of the stairs and listened.

"... I just can't believe he wouldn't listen to me again."

Ushijima's blood ran cold. His mother...

"I have that tracker on his phone. And I see how much he comes over here. It's just downright disrespectful to leave like that."

Ushijima walked upstairs and saw her sitting on the couch. Tendou's mother gave him an apologetic look.

"I um... Satori needs something to eat. He threw up."

"Oh poor thing. There's cinnamon biscuits on the stove. He loves them. And give him those vitamins I picked up."

"Yes ma'am." Ushijima grabbed a biscuit and got him some water with his vitamins. He took them all to the red head and got him redressed.

"You seem sad. What's going on?"

"My mother is here."

Tendou's heart sank. "She'll smell me."

"I know." Ushijima looked up. "Satori I'm sorry."

Tendou touched his stomach. "I'll tell her it's not yours."

"No. That baby is mine. I won't lie." He put his hand on Tendou's arm. "That's my baby Satori."

"Our baby."

Ushijima sighed softly. "Let's get ready for your appointment."

Tendou nodded and got up. He got on clean clothes and stared at Ushijima, nervous.

"It's okay. I can handle it." He took his hand and led Tendou upstairs. He got him more water and Ushijima's mother stared. "Is something wrong?"

"Why... the hand Wakatoshi. What is the hand for?"

Ushijima took a deep breath. "Satori and I have been mated for two and a half months and have been dating for a few years. He's pregnant with my child. I need to take him to an appointment." Ushijima grabbed his wallet and bag. "I'll be back in a while."

His mother stared before standing abruptly. "I KNEW YOU WERE HANGING AROUND THAT WHORE-"

Tendou gasped as his mother slapped the other woman. "Mama!"

"You call my son that vile name again and I swear on everything you will not stay alive!"

Ushijima rushed Tendou out of the house and took Tendou's mother's car to the hospital. They didn't talk about what had happened but rather went to the appointment as if it were a regular checkup.

Tendou sat and answered questions until they were left alone for a while.

"Are you okay?" Tendou questioned after a while.

"I'm okay. It felt good to get that off my chest actually." Ushijima half smiled at Tendou. "I'm sorry if I seem distracted."

"It's okay." Tendou tapped his nose. "You're cute when you're thinking."

Ushijima laughed. The ultrasound tech walked in and smiled. "Well good afternoon! I wasn't expecting to see such young patients today but that's alright! How are you feeling?"

"Could be better with the nausea but I'm okay." Tendou sat up.

"I'm assuming this is your mate?"

"He is."

Ushijima held out his hand as he had been taught. "It's nice to meet you."

The technician shook his hand and sat down. She smiled at Tendou. "How far along are we?"

"Almost twelve weeks."

"Wow! Three months. Have you been feeling any pain? Any discomfort?" She turned on the ultrasound machine and Tendou stared in wonder.

"Not any pain. Discomfort but not too bad. I have been sleeping a lot."

"Luckily discomfort and fatigue are normal. Little baby is sucking up all of that energy." She smiled. "If you wouldn't mind, lift your shirt a bit for me and pull your waistband down as far as you can without showing anything."

Tendou moved his clothes and Ushijima handled his pants.

"Now this gel is a little cold so if you get startled there's no reason to panic." She gently applied the gel and Tendou cringed.

"It's slimey."

"Just a bit."

Ushijima leaned forward and held Tendou's hand.

"Did you two have any concerns?"

Ushijima looked up. "The last baby that he was carrying ended up not surviving. Is there any way that we could prevent something like that from happening again?"

"I'm very sorry to hear that. What I recommend is a lot of exercise and healthy foods. You don't need a diet or to eat only specific things but do try and stay away from anything raw like eggs." She picked up the wand and took a deep breath. "Are we looking to find out the sex today or does that need to be put in an envelope for a baker?"

Tendou looked to Ushijima, who looked excited. "Is it okay for us to find out today?"

Tendou laughed. "Sure. The sooner the better."

"Deep breath," the tech warned. She gently put the wand down and moved it around. Her eyes stuck to the screen. "The sex should be showing up around now and fourteen weeks. If not then they're just being shy."

Tendou nodded. He watched her eyes before taking a deep breath. "Would we be able to hear the heartbeat?"

"Yes actually!" She smiled and kept going. "Oh look at that..."

Ushijima perked up. "What is it? What happened?"

"Nothing is wrong. Little one is perfectly fine." She turned the screen and pointed to a white mass. "This is the head."

Tendou gasped. "Wow!"

Ushijima watched curiously. She pointed to another spot and hummed. "The feet. So tiny."

Tendou's eyes watered. He was growing that. He'd managed to do that.

"I can't seem to find the sex. It may be too early."

"That's okay." Tendou laughed, looking to Ushijima. The other male was barely breathing, staring at the screen of black and white.

"May I hear the heartbeat?" He whispered.

The technician nodded and worked her magic. Tendou pulled out his phone to record the sound and as soon as he hit the record button several rapid thumps came through the speaker. His eyes glazed over and he just listened, taking in the sound.

He made a heartbeat.

Tendou's eyes went to Ushijima's. "We did it."