16. Snow

Tendou leaned into Ushijima, crying. He'd been throwing up for an hour straight, unable to do much because of it. It hurt and his stomach kept cramping over and over. His baby was fine and he was okay besides the constant throwing up.

"Satori breathe. It's okay."

"The smell makes me want to throw up more," Tendou started to sob out. "I can't even work out anymore because of the smell of other people!"

Ushijima sighed. He kissed Tendou's hair and wrapped him in his arms. Tendou coughed against him, holding on. "What time is it?"

"Nearly five in the morning."

"Fuck."

"You can sleep during practice." Ushijima kissed his hair.

Tendou groaned. He looked up and startled, seeing his mom in the doorway. "Hey mama."

"Everything okay?"

"I threw up again." Tendou whined softly. "It's coming back up."

Ushijima leaned him forward and grabbed his wet cloth. Tendou heaved and sat back up, coughing. Ushijima a wiped off his face and moved back his hair. "Breathe... breathe."

"It hurts!"

Ushijima turned Tendou to face him, holding his face in his hands. "Breathe. You're panicking."

Tendou took a few deep breaths before melting into Ushijima's touch, calming down.

"Better?"

Tendou nodded. "Can I sleep a bit longer?"

"Of course." Ushijima helped him up and got him into bed. Tendou shuddered and settled down. Ushijima got ready for school before helping Tendou into his uniform, having to hold him halfway through because he had started to cry hysterically about something about his weight. Ushijima knew he was self conscious about letting his stomach show at the moment. He knew how scared he was of people hurting the baby after his miscarriage.

Ushijima eased him through their routine and they had to be driven to practice. Tendou sat to the side while his team warmed up, talking quietly with his coaches about him dropping out of the team. They made sure he was okay, seeing how sick he looked.

"Satori."

Tendou snapped out of being spaced out and smiled at Ushijima. "Hey..."

Ushijima helped him up and got him to the locker room where it was quieter. Tendou laid down on Ushijima's jacket and used his own to cover himself up. He slept for nearly the whole practice, startling awake when a coach opened the doors to wake him up. He stumbled to Ushijima, leaning into him and whimpering about wanting to keep sleeping. His other teammates tried to calm him down but they didn't manage to do much.

As soon as they got outside Tendou felt a little better, taking in the cold air and letting it freeze his problems. Ushijima let him follow close behind, their hands tangled together as Tendou talked to Semi. Semi just listened, watching over Tendou.

"Wakatoshi?"

"Hm?" Ushijima turned his attention to Ohira.

"Tendou looks sick. I don't mean to pry but I'm worried."

"I'm aware. He's going to the doctor's office tomorrow. It may be a stomach flu." Ushijima glanced back at Tendou, who was starting to walk slower. "Satori?"

"Something's wrong."

Ushijima looked around, tense. There were no teachers. "What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know." He grabbed Ushijima's arms.