21. Baker's Chocolate

The past month had been amazing for Tendou. He reached past his twenty weeks mark and finally got to transfer to online courses. He rested when he needed and peed a lot more than he slept. Ushijima had given notice to the team and the response was not exactly positive.

The coaches cussed him up and down and their team accepted him but only in an oddly passive aggressive way. Semi and Goshiki were fine with it, Semi logically thinking about this and Goshiki doing the same. He was more excited to see the baby than anything.

Ushijima got to come home earlier though. He got more sleep.

He was free.

It was an awful thought, really. He'd dedicated his whole life to volleyball and pleasing his mother. Now he'd run away from his mother. He'd finally quit volleyball after getting home exhausted every night.  Now he got to sleep in with Tendou and got to cuddle him before bed. He spent time working after school getting money for his son's things.

Tendou got to see him more often and got to be held more often. He didn't know that he needed to have his stomach rubbed every night and that he needed to talk until he passed out. He didn't know he needed this much love. But he never took it for granted.

He was so lucky to have someone love him. So lucky to be so young and having a baby and being able to be as safe as he was.

"Love? You haven't ate today." Ushijima leaned down and handed Tendou a bowl. "Are you okay?"

Tendou opened his eyes fully. "Mm so sleepy." He laughed. "Thanks baby love."

"You've become obsessed with that name. Eat."

Tendou picked up his fork and smiled. His eggs were scrambled and had been shaped into a smile, two jelly biscuits on his plate as the eyes. He teared up. "This is how mama made it after I got sick and got better. This is so sweet Toshi."

"I'm glad you like it." Ushijima laid down.

"Wait have you eaten?"

"I ate earlier." Ushijima closed his eyes.

Tendou nodded. "I hope you're not lying. This is all is going in my belly."

Ushijima chuckled. "I hope it stays there."

"The morning sickness is gone almost completely." He took a bite of eggs and groaned softly. "Fuck this feels nice."

Ushijima snored softly and Tendou stopped chewing, brows raising. He looked over and laughed. Ushijima was fast asleep, leaned back a bit.

"Poor Toshi." Tendou covered him up and finished eating before laying down, using his pillow. His stomach had swelled significantly and it was uncomfortable to lay on Ushijima at this point.

He slept for a good two hours before feeling a jolt on his mattress and the smell of distress filling his nose. He rolled over and sighed heavily. "Wakatoshi?"

Ushijima kept whimpering loudly, shaking.

Tendou got out of bed and grabbed a cold cloth. He got back into bed and waited patiently for Ushijima to wake up. He knew it would be bad if he woke him up himself.

A few minutes later Ushijima's eyes opened wide and he cried out, covering his face. He sobbed uncontrollably, rocking. Tendou sat up and got Ushijima's head into his lap. "I'm here. I'm right here. It was a dream Wakatoshi. A dream and that is it. You're safe."

Ushijima gasped for air, whimpering.

Tendou pressed the cloth to his face and shushed him tiredly, running his fingers through his hair. "I know it hurts. I know. But I'm here. I've got you." Tendou felt a kick and chuckled. "Etsumi's awake. Guess he's trying to calm his daddy down."