18. Mood Swings

Tendou whimpered, feeling around his bed. The sun was in his face and it was irritating him to no end. "Babe? Babe where'd you go? The curtain is open."

Silence met his ears and he sat up, alarmed. Immediately a wave of nausea came over him and he whimpered. Tendou darted for the bathroom and threw up, whole body shaking. He searched for Ushijima but just found his mother still asleep. He panicked, the loss of his mate getting to his hormones filled mind quickly.

Had his mother gotten to him? Was he running away? His own father had run from his mother. What if it was like that? Was all of the baby stress too much for him?

Tendou started to cry, still looking. He was filling the house with his distressed scent and it had woken his mother, who got a hold of him.

"Satori. What's going on? Talk to me baby."

"I- I can't find him! He's not here!"

"Hey... honey he had to go to school. You can't go for a few days." She hugged him.

"Mama I was so scared. I thought he left me. He didn't even say goodbye. I was so scared. Mama I don't want him to be like my dad."

She backed him up and realized what was wrong. "Oh honey... he would never. He wants this baby. He agreed to raise this baby with you. Your father didn't do that with me. Wakatoshi loves you." She wiped away his tears. "Your poor brain is just scrambled from being pregnant. And the seizure."

Tendou nodded. "I need to go back to bed, don't I?"

"You definitely do. Let me get you some juice." She kissed his forehead. "Don't you worry about being embarrassed. I had awful mood swings with you too."

Tendou nodded, sniffling. He sat on the couch  and waited, holding his stomach. He felt a soft kick this time and whined. "Leave me alone for a second dude."

Tendou's mother handed him a cup of juice and rubbed his back slowly. He hummed softly, leaning into her.

"I'm so tired."

"You wanna come lay down with me?"

"Please?" Tendou looked over his mother, calmed by her just being in the same room as her.

"Of course honey." She led him to her room and they laid down, Tendou close by. He sunk into her bed, the same spot he'd slept for years after countless nightmares. She rubbed his back, getting him to sleep. She had to leave for work but he slept through that and until Ushijima found him.

Ushijima woke him up and they ate while Tendou held his belly protectively. Ushijima realized he was nervous and stooped to a lower level so he would relax, sniffing his neck and wrapping his arms around him.

"What're you doing?"

"Trying to find what's making you nervous."

Tendou hummed. "It's just how I woke up. I panicked cause I forgot you weren't going to be there when I woke up."

Ushijima looked up. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Pregnancy brain." He kissed Ushijima. "You're adorable."

"May I put lotion on your stomach?"

"I actually would love that. A shower first though. I smell like the hospital. The wipes they used to clean me sucked ass."

Ushijima got up and helped Tendou up too, taking him to the bathroom and undressing him. He got on the level of his stomach and smiled.

"You trying to say hi to little peanut?"

"Little peanut?"

"Yep. That's what I'm calling them for now." Tendou laughed as Ushijima looked up from the floor. "You are obsessed with my stomach."

Ushijima got up and kissed him, laughing as Tendou whined to him about being cold. He stood aside so Tendou could shower on his own and personally made the bed so that it was comfortable, grabbing pillows for Tendou and getting his favorite lotion from the bathroom while he showered. Tendou got his lower half dressed before going to Ushijima and laying against his chest.

Ushijima rubbed Tendou's stomach slowly and carefully, lifting his stomach up a bit to alleviate some of the pressure there. Tendou whined softly at this, tilting his head back. "That. Hold that."

Ushijima held his stomach and Tendou took a few deep breaths. "What is it?"

"I wasn't aware that I was feeling so heavy down there." Tendou groaned lowly.

Ushijima kissed his hair. "I'm going to let them down, okay?"

Tendou nodded and Ushijima eased his stomach down slowly. Tendou eased the blanket up and sighed out. "Doctor's appointment on Sunday. Are we doing a gender reveal?"

"I'm not sure. I like to keep things to myself."

Tendou nodded. "I just think that it's nice to let people know. Maybe I could make a post and have my mom repost it."

"I like that option." Ushijima put his hand under the blankets, sliding between his legs. He leaned back. "Time for bed?"

"Ooh. Haha that can wait you horny fuck." Tendou started to laughed. "Can't keep your hands off of me, can you?"

"Never." Ushijima kissed his neck. "My hands will never leave your body as long as we're together."

Tendou separated his legs. "Keep talking all that romantic shit. I love it."

"You're just aroused."

"How could I not be with you trying to get into my pants?" Tendou breathed out slowly, focusing. "Speaking of which it would feel so much better if your hand was actually on my dick."

Ushijima chuckled.

"Ugh! Asshole!" Tendou whined.

The door opened and he gasped. "Mom!"

"Oh hell are you two making out?!" She shut the door. "At least lock the door!"

"Knock first!" Tendou sighed, sitting up. He went to the door. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I was going to come and say good night."

"Good night." Tendou hugged his mother. She pulled away and grinned. "What is it?"

"Your stomach. I can see the outline popping out."

"Yeah! Seventeen weeks!" Tendou looked back to Ushijima. "We're finding out the sex on Sunday."

Tendou's mother smiled. "Good night. I love you."

"Love you mama." Tendou kissed her cheek. He closed the door and climbed back into bed.

Ushijima kissed his hair. "Are you okay love?"

"I'm okay!" Tendou kissed his cheek. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

"I know how much you love being all touchy babe. Here." Tendou sat up, slinging his leg over his lap and kissing his hair.

"It's okay. We don't have to do anything. You're pregnant and it would hurt-"

"Who said anything about having sex? I can't suck you off because I'll throw up too." Tendou saw Ushijima's eyes light up in realization. "Ugh you're so cute."