27. Snuggles

Tendou looked to Ushijima, painting heavily. "Wa-kun... water. Please."

Ushijima held up his cup and let Tendou sip. His heart ached for Tendou, wanting to help him. He scented his gown for the hundredth time that day. The sun had set by now and Tendou was going still. He was in so much pain and the pain medicine had worn off.

"How much longer?" He whimpered out.

"Not too much longer. He should be crowning very soon." Ushijima felt Tendou tense and felt his body go rigid as he pushed. "Good?"

"Ha... ha... fuck. I'm almost there. I can feel him moving down." Tendou laughed. "It hurts."

Ushijima rubbed his shoulder. "I'm here to help when you want it."

"I've been in active labor for around I dunno... twenty hours? You've been here the whole time." He groaned before pushing again. This time he cried out, crying out loudly. It was nearly a scream and he started to cry. "FUCK! FUCK! I FEEL EVERYTHING!"

Ushijima stood fully and looked down to make sure everything was okay. "What's going on? Why is he in so much pain?"

"The baby is starting to crown. He's not all the way down."

Tendou started to scream, genuine fear coursing through him now. His heart pounded against his chest as pure terror ran through his veins. "GET HIM OUT! GET HIM OUT! GET HIM OUT OF ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

Ushijima hugged him tight, preventing him from bending forward. "Satori! Satori he's on his way out!"

"It hurts! It hurts! I don't like this!" Tendou cried out again. Tendou's mother held his face in her hands.

"Satori. Wakatoshi is next to you. Look. Nothing bad is happening. You are doing amazing."

Ushijima turned his head towards him. "Satori."

Tendou's eyes softened. "Hey..."

Ushijima kissed his cheek. "I'm here."

Tendou grunted softly. "I'm gonna push again. If the baby doesn't come out I'm going to kill myself."

"Don't say that."

Tendou rolled his eyes. "I'm not comfortable in this position."

A nurse helped him get sat up and Tendou tried to get out of bed, sniffling. He couldn't get up though so he had his hips lower down, as if he was squatting. He pushed again and almost collapsed, losing consciousness and falling back into the bed. Drops of blood spattered the cleanup pads and they were quickly changed out. Ushijima woke Tendou and gave him more water.

"What happened?"

"He's crowning," a doctor stated. He left out the part about the tearing and cleaned Tendou up. "One more push. He's almost out."

Tendou leaned into Ushijima, pulling the front of his gown down a bit. He gripped Ushijima's hand, breathing evenly for a moment. He pushed as hard as he could and groaned. He put his head back, feeling all of the pressure go. Ushijima was handed a pair of scissors. "I cut it?"

"Of course."

Ushijima took the scissors and cut the cord. His son started to cry only seconds later and Tendou's eyes opened. "Bubba? Oh is he finally here?"

"He's here." Ushijima watched his son being put on Tendou's chest and teared up.

Tendou laughed, smiling. "Hi there. Hi. It's me. It's Nini. You've been in my tummy forever..." He started to cry. "You made me pee on daddy a lot."

Ushijima chuckled. He kissed Tendou's hair, confused by the crying over that but racking it up to his hormones. He looked to the nurse. "Is he allowed to hold him for a while?"

"Of course. Would you like his first bath to be here or at home?"

Tendou looked up. "Um... here. I know how to bathe babies. I just don't have the energy."

"That's alright. Do you mind if I go ahead and take him to bathe?"

"I need to hold him for just a moment longer." Tendou looked up. "We've been waiting a long time for this guy."

"Oh what's his name?"

"Etsumi!" Tendou announced proudly. He sighed. "I'm so tired."

Ushijima touched Etsumi's back gently and smiled. "I think he can go for a bath. You need to rest."

Tendou nodded and turned, yawning. A nurse took Etsumi away and a few others helped him with getting comfortable after being stitched up. He was taken to a different room to lay down in, wanting to sleep. Ushijima laid with him, both exhausted and sleeping peacefully. Tendou's mother went home for a while to get Tendou some food and clothes.

****

Tendou opened his eyes, Ushijima slowly sitting up with him. He turned around and grinned. "Etsumi."

Ushijima got up, rushing to the bassinet. "Satori, he has my hair."

"Oh fuck yeah!" He moved a bit before cringing. "Stitches."

Ushijima looked over. "Would you like me to bring him to you?"

"Please?"

Ushijima saw the card with his information and smiled. "Seven pounds."

Tendou smiled. He sat up and laid back, waiting for his baby to be given over. This didn't even feel real. There was no way he pushed that little thing out of him...

Ushijima picked up Etsumi and gently rocked him for a moment, staring at him. Little guy was sound asleep in his fathers arms. Ushijima sat down with him and tried handing him to Tendou but Tendou whined softly, aching. "I'll unwrap him and you may be able to hold him that way."

Tendou nodded, moving. He watched Ushijima shakily open their son's blanket and touched his arm. "Relax. It's okay."

"I'm just so excited." Ushijima looked over. "He's so warm and small."

Tendou laughed. "He's a baby."

"He's our baby though Satori."

Tendou waited a moment before smiling. "Our baby." Ushijima unwrapped him and gently set him against Tendou's chest. Tendou reached up, holding him and humming lowly. "Oh sweet baby..."

Ushijima put an arm around Tendou's midsection and held him close. "I love you."

"I love you too." Tendou looked up, smiling. "You think he's hungry?"

"Possibly. I'll go get a nurse." Ushijima kissed him before going to find a nurse to help them figure everything out. Tendou let a nurse lift Etsumi and smiled as he was shown how to feed him, wincing at the odd feeling of his son feeding. He smiled through it though, messing with his little hands and tapping his face affectionately.

Tendou eventually groaned, leaning into Ushijima. "My ass hurts."

"Do you need a nurse love?"

"No, no. Just whining. I'm loving getting all the baby snuggles and the Daddy snuggles." He laughed. "I hope mom is here soon though. I need that food."

Ushijima hummed, staring lovingly at Etsumi. "While you eat may I hold him?"

"You can hold him now if you want."

"No. I want to wait. You carried him, it's only fair you hold him for a while."

Tendou smiled and turned to Etsumi. "Your daddy is so sweet to me."

Etsumi yawned and both of his parents watched in awe. Every move he made was sweet and innocent. He was so incredibly perfect.