17. Pregnancy Glow

Ushijima finally got out of school and refused to go to practice, rushing to the bus. He got as close as he could to the hospital before running to Tendou's room. Tendou was sat up and was holding his stomach as he slept, snoring.

Ushijima relaxed at the sight of his lover in such a calm state.

"He's okay."

Ushijima looked to Tendou's mother. "Why did he have a seizure?"

"Gestational diabetes. His blood sugar dropped way too low and he seized." She sighed heavily. "Do you mind if I go take a quick nap in my car?"

"Of course. Is the baby okay?"

"The baby is perfectly fine." She stood and stretched. "Call me if he wakes up."

"I will." Ushijima got closer to the bed and covered Tendou up. He tilted his head so he would stop snoring and sat by him, doing his homework before moving onto Tendou's. When he was done Tendou was on his side, eyes half open. Ushijima walked over and scented him silently, kissing his temple. Tendou purred.

"The baby too." Ushijima rubbed Tendou's stomach. Tendou grabbed his arm. "Wait."

"What's wrong?"

"I felt something."

Ushijima waited a moment. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Mhmm." Tendou turned onto his back and moved his gown. "Nothing like pissing on yourself in front of your whole team."

"Love..."

"It's fine! I think I felt a kick."

Ushijima sat beside him. "Your mother told me to call her when you woke up."

"Wait a few minutes I wanna know what that was." Tendou felt of his stomach. "Ugh."

Ushijima rubbed his stomach and felt a push up against his palm. His eyes lit up. "A kick."

Tendou giggled. "Aw peanut... are you saying hi to daddy? Hm? That's daddy you're kicking."

Ushijima laughed. He kissed Tendou's stomach. "Hello love."

Tendou groaned softly. "God I'm sore."

Ushijima covered him back up and called Tendou's mother. She was up in minutes and held her son, kissing his hair. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I'm really sore."

"You did have a seizure..." she sighed and rubbed his cheek. "How's my grand baby?"

"Kicking their daddy." Tendou smiled at Ushijima. "Right Toshi?"

Ushijima smiled. "Right."

"Oh? They're kicking?"

"Yep!" Tendou put his mom's hand over his stomach. He felt a light bubble in his stomach and giggled. "That's nana."

Tendou's mother laughed, trying to hide her tears. "Wow..."

Ushijima eased forward. "Do you need something to eat?"

"I'm not sure I can hold it down."

"I would like you to try." Ushijima got up and went to go ask for food for Tendou.

His blood sugar was tested again and he was allowed to eat. He tried his best and as soon as he was done he was leaning into himself, taking deep breaths.

"Babe."

Ushijima held him. "Deep breaths. I'm here."

Tendou gagged. "Fuck..."