10. Help Me

Tendou had been nothing but frustrated since he'd been aware of what had happened. He was exhausted and couldn't seem to sleep or let go of any negative thoughts. He held onto someone at all times, usually Ushijima or his mother.

Ushijima could actually feel his grief and kept him close whenever he could see him. He needed to lie a lot about where he was but it helped his lover. Tendou was still in pain and incredibly weak so instead of going to school, he spent hours with Ushijima in the living room going over course material. An official from the school watched him take tests and he got to watch videos of his team practicing. He refused to see his teammates and instead called them.

"You're getting a call from Goshiki."

Tendou looked up from being half asleep and slouched over the couch. "I don't want to answer it."

Ushijima leaned down. "Why not?"

"I'm tired." Tendou huffed softly. "Do we have more to work on?"

"Just some English work."

Tendou whimpered. "It's starting to hurt again. Help."

Ushijima held him and turned on his heat pad. "Relax."

Tendou grunted softly as his stomach churned. "I need to poop."

"Let's go."

"I'm scared!"

Ushijima sighed. "Satori."

"I know I'm being a dipshit but it hurts and it feels like I'm going to only shit blood."

"I thought you didn't remember waking up?" Ushijima questioned, gently rubbing his hair.

"I don't remember it. But it's the thought. I've had spotting."

"Got it. Do you want me to hold your hand?"

Tendou didn't talk or react before nodding. "That actually sounds nice."

Ushijima got him up and let him lean into him, walking him to the bathroom. Tendou sat on the toilet and held Ushijima's hand through the doorway, whimpering the whole time.

"Do you need something Satori?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you done?"

"I'm worried that there's going to be blood when I wipe." Tendou held Ushijima's hand tighter. "I hate it. I hate it so much."

"I know. I'm here though." Ushijima looked into the bathroom. "Don't look."

Tendou nodded. He grabbed toilet paper and wiped before dropping it. A soft and shuddery breath left him and he flushed the toilet.

"That was it. That's all you needed to do."

Tendou stood shakily and washed his hands. He grabbed onto Ushijima's shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to take my iron. And the vitamins and depressants. And the energy supplements." He sighed. "I feel weak."

Ushijima lifted him and kissed his cheek. He got his medicine and they laid down until Tendou's mother was home. Ushijima went home and got ready to hang out with his team, not wanting to make it seem suspicious that he was gone.

Every day was like that until Tendou got his strength back. It was the beginning of fall and he was better again and was running around. He played with the team and got caught up on school fully. He seemed okay at school but needed to have reassurance at home constantly.

Ushijima got him to bed every night and went to his own home. Sometimes he had to sneak out and check on Tendou when he had a nightmare or when he finally got his heat again.