[001]

You call me insane, I simply see a deeper reality than you.

I'm screaming, screaming for them not to take me away

I'm screaming, screaming for them not to take me away. Let me stay, I don't want to leave. But there they stand, my parents, watching me get dragged away with a smile plastered on their faces. What monsters.

The beeping sound of the door opening wakes me from my dream. I turn over in my bed to see Brenner. "Good morning 000." He says, a stern look on his face.

"You're going to be joining the others today in training." He says. I space out, staring at the floor. I want nothing to do with this. "You won't be known as 000, but as 019." I look him in the eye. "Why do you change my number?" I ask, staring at him blankly. He sighs, "We can't have the children knowing there was a 000. They'll think you are new and it won't make sense." He starts to stand up. "Come on now. We can't be late."

I groan as I finally get out of bed. My bare feet hit the cold floor as I follow behind Brenner. He brings me to what is known as 'the rainbow room'. An alleged fun place for all the children. All I see is confinement.

"Good morning, Papa." All the kids say in unison.

They're all brainwashed, believing that he's like a parent to them. Sickos.

"We have someone new joining us. Say hello to 019." He introduces me and all the kids look at me, excited. "Hi, 019." I wave at them awkwardly.

Brenner bends down to whisper to me. "Don't use too much of your powers. I don't want them getting suspicious." He then slips a wristband around my wrist, hiding my old number. "Don't take it off." I nod. It's best to play along.

He stands back up. "You all can continue playing. I'll be back later for training." Everyone nods and goes back to what they were doing.

As I walk to the table with art supplies a small girl comes up to me. "Hi, I'm 011." She mutters. I smile at her softly. "Hi, 011." She fidgets with her hands a bit. "You have pretty hair."

Unlike everyone else, mine has remained unshaven. But I'm sure it won't be like that for long.

"Thank you." I say. "Want to come draw with me?" I ask, and she nods. I offer my hand to her and she takes it. We both sit at the table and draw. I'm not much of an artist but I like to think I'm a decent drawer.

As I continue to sketch on my paper I feel a presence behind me. I turn to see an orderly standing behind me.

He has beautiful blonde hair and bright blue eyes that you could almost get lost in. "Uh, hi?" I mutter. "You're new? 019, right?" He asks, his voice is slightly raspy. "Yeah." I respond, turning to face him more. "What are you drawing?" He asks, leaning over my shoulder to get a look at my paper, his hot breath hitting my ear. "Oh, it's nothing." I mutter. "No, it's really good." He says, turning to face me. I turn to look at him, realizing he's inches from my face. I turn quickly. "Thanks."

He finally backs away when Brenner enters the room again. "If you would all follow me to the training room." He states and all the children stand up to follow. I roll my eyes and follow too, with the orderly standing close behind me.

We enter the small grey room. There's nothing in there, no equipment of any kind.

I stand against the wall along with the other kids. I look to the corner of the room and spot the blonde man from before. He catches my gaze and smiles at me. I give him a small smile before turning to face Brenner.

"We'll be doing a training exercise where you'll try to knock the other person off their feet. However, you'll be blindfolded." Brenner explains. The children stay quiet, listening for instruction. "002, if you could come up here to start."

The boy, who looks to be around 15 years old, walks up to Brenner. "And, 003." Another teenage boy steps up.

Brenner steps behind one and puts on a blindfold and the blonde orderly does the same. "Go." Almost immediately 003 gets wiped off his feet, landing hard on his back.

Everyone else goes against 002 until it's my turn. The orderly steps behind me and puts the blindfold on. "Good luck." He whispers in my ear.

"Go." I feel energy directed towards my knees, trying to knock me off balance, but I keep my feet planted. I focus and block out everyone's thoughts, other than 002's. I can hear what he's thinking, and I know what he's about to do. I push a surge of energy right at his feet, causing him to face-plant into the floor. I smirk and take off the blindfold. "Good job." Brenner states as he takes notes on his clipboard.

I look over at 002, who is now glaring at me. I tilt my head and make a pouty face. "Aw, you mad?" I say, taunting him. He just gets mad and storms out of the room.

Brenner leaves the room, the rest of the kids following behind. Right before I leave the blonde orderly comes up to me. "002 deserved that. He's been harassing the other kids." I smirk and he chuckles a bit. "I think he just needed to be put in his place." I say, turning to face the orderly. "I never introduced myself, I'm Peter." The says, reaching his hand out. I shake his hand. "019, but you already knew that." I say, which causes Peter to chuckle.

After dinner I lay on my bed in my new room, finding it hard to fall asleep

After dinner I lay on my bed in my new room, finding it hard to fall asleep. Peter. His name repeats in my head. There's something about him, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Soooo, first chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it!