Epilogue

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself.

"Peter! We're gonna be late

"Peter! We're gonna be late. Hurry your ass up!" I yell down the hall. I finish putting on my mascara before running down the hall the to bathroom.

"Peter!" I knock hard on the bathroom door. "Just a minute!" He yells back. "Did you fall in the toilet or something? You stuck?" I hear him chuckle through the door. "No, I did not."

The door opens and I see Peter in his suit, his hair combed back nicely. "You look good." I say, ruffling his hair. "Hey! That took forever." He groans and grabs his comb, brushing his hair back again. I chuckle at him and walk to the kitchen.

I grab my purse and keys off the counter. He walks into the room, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his head on my shoulder. "You look great in this dress. I bet you'd look even better with it off." He whispers in my ear, massaging my hips. My face heats up and I push him away.

"Am I driving or are you?" I ask, dismissing his earlier comment. "I'll drive." He says, snatching the keys out of my hand.

We walk out the front door, locking it behind us. I walk to the passenger side and he opens the door. "For you, my love." He chuckles as I slide in. "You're so cheesy." I mutter, rolling my eyes. He hops in the driver's side and starts up the car. "Yeah, but you love it."

Today we were invited to El's 16th birthday party. The Byers were throwing her a big sweet sixteen party, we were told to dress up nice.

When we pull up to the small house there are so many people there. All of El's friends, Max, Dustin, and Lucas. Her boyfriend Mike was obviously there, along with his older sister and her friends.

When we exit the car Joyce comes running up to us. "Hi Y/n, Peter. I'm so glad you guys could make it!" She says as she pulls me in for a big hug. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I whisper to her. She pulls back from me and smiles brightly. She turns to Peter and hugs him. "Hi, Ms. Byers." He says to her and he hugs her back. "I told you to stop calling me that." She whispers to him, smacking him gently on the arm.

We make our way over to the group of people. I walk over to El and her friends. "Happy Birthday!" I yell to her, pulling her into a big hug, lifting her off the ground. I pull back and look her over. "You look so pretty!" She smiles and blushes. "Thanks Y/n."

I turn to Mike who gives me a scared expression. "Have you been treating her well?" I ask him sternly. "Y/n-" El mutters, trying to get me off of his ass. "Yes, I have." He mutters, a newfound confidence in his tone. I smile and him and pull him into a hug. "Come here." He smiles and hugs me back. I give a hug to everyone in the group and we all chat.

Hours go by and eventually, Joyce comes out with Johnathan, carrying a bunch of pizza boxes. "We got food!" Joyce yells, setting them down at the long table meant for food.

Everyone makes their way over to get some, shoving the food into their mouths hungrily. I sit with Peter and El with her friends. We talk amongst each other, laughing at each other's jokes.

Everything that happened years ago is long forgotten. The stress of being in that lab has been forgotten. There's not a single worry about it anymore. We live in peace. We're all happy now.

It's finally over.