[028]

Freedom, in any case, is only possible by constantly struggling for it.

Who knew the world could be filled with such beautiful things

Who knew the world could be filled with such beautiful things. As me and 011 walk, we come across a river, small creatures swimming around inside. The sound of the water running is so beautiful, I could sit here all day and listen to it.

The woods were filled with many animals. Bunnies hopping around, squirrels scurrying up trees with their nuts in their mouth, deer wandering by as they munch on their food, it's just all so fascinating. The world is filled with such beauty that I now have the chance to see with my newfound freedom.

We eventually came across an abandoned house. When we enter we flick on the light, that surprisingly is still working. The home hasn't been run down at all, seems like it had just recently been abandoned.

There's fresh running water, good enough to drink. All forms of electricity are still working. It's a great place to stay.

"We got lucky." 011 mutters. I nod. "Come on. We should report this back. We have a safe place to stay." I tell her before leaving the house, walking back the way we came.

After what seemed like a long walk we eventually made our way back to the lab. We walk back up to the rainbow room.

As we enter we noticed that all the children had brought their pillows and blankets in there, and are currently sleeping. My eyes shift over to Peter, who has propped himself up against the wall and is currently fidgeting with a Rubiks cube.

His eyes shift up at the sound of the door closing and smiles brightly at me. "You're back!" He jumps up and walks over to me, wrapping his arms tightly around me. "It felt like you were gone forever. I was worried." He mutters into my neck, causing me to chuckle.

I pull back to kiss him on the cheek. "We found a good spot. Let's leave here in the morning, yeah?" I ask and he nods.

011 leaves the room and comes back with blankets and pillows. She hands us some and goes off into a corner to set up her sleeping arrangements. I toss our two pillows on the ground, along with the blanket. I lay down beside Peter, pulling the covers up to our shoulders.

He grabs my waist and pulls me against his body, wrapping his arms around me. I look up at him and caress his cheek with my free hand. "I love you." I whisper, kissing him gently. "I love you too." I lean into his touch as I fall asleep in his arms.

The next morning we all move out

The next morning we all move out. We skip out the back door and through the gate, entering the woods. It's just as calming and beautiful as before.

This time we let down our guard, enjoying the beauty of nature. The younger kids run around, looking at and smelling the flowers and watching the animals that dart through the trees.

We come back to the road that doesn't seem to be as busy as last time. We cross the street and the children stare into the restaurant, their mouths watering at the sight of the food. They squeal and ask if they could have some. I had to let them down gently, as we have no means of paying for the food.

We enter the woods again, the children running around as they look at the different plants and animals. It's like heaven to them. This is the first time they have seen anything like this. It's amazing to them.

Eventually, we come up to the house. It's small, but large enough to fit all of us. The kids pile in, jumping on all the furniture they see. Me and Peter stand at the door as we watch the kids have fun.

We're free. No rules hold us back anymore. Brenner isn't here to control us anymore. We're free to do as we please.

Months have gone by

Months have gone by. Me and Peter we're able to get ourselves jobs to make money. The children were able to find homes and families of their own.

After a few weeks of staying in the house, we came across an adoption center. We spoke to the kids and asked them if they wanted families, and they said yes. We told them they needed to hide their powers, as sad as it is to hide a part of themselves, it'll keep them safe from this happening again.

They were taken into families, by people who loved them and cared for them. 011 found an amazing family, the Byers. They were kind to her and treated her wonderfully.

They had found out about her powers, but they didn't care. They loved her for who she was. As she grew she made friends, and even got herself a boyfriend, Mike. I met him once, he was a very sweet boy.

Obviously I had to have a little chat with him. I told him if he did anything to hurt her, I would hunt him down and kill him. And we both know I wasn't lying.

As for me and Peter, we got ourselves a proper house. We got cats, furry little companions that keep us company. One was a black cat named Angel, she was quite literally an angel. She would cuddle with us when we slept, it was quite cute.

The other one was named Simba. He was an orange cat and was very curious, and pretty stupid. He would stare at the ceiling, and nothing was even there. He would jump and try to catch nothing. He was very clumsy and constantly fell off counters and shelves, but we love his idiotic ass.

Mine and Peter's relationship has grown. We have recently celebrated our 6 months. He treats me like I'm a goddess. He cooks me food all the time but doesn't let me clean up anything, that part is annoying.

I've tried to help him put furniture together, but he refuses to let me help. He claims that I shouldn't have to get my hands dirty for him, cause I have "already done enough." He's so annoying, but I love him so much. As I've said before, I would kill for him.