[004]

They wanted a monster, I decided to give them one.

I sit in the small testing room with Peter, who is sitting across from me

I sit in the small testing room with Peter, who is sitting across from me. "So, shall we start?" He asks me, leaning forwards in his seat. "By all means." I say, leaning forward.

Peter smiles and grabs the notepad on the desk next to him. "We're gonna be going over forms of manipulation." He states as he writes down notes in the paper. I tilt my head. "Why is that?" I ask. "Brenner's orders." He says, smiling up at me. "Since when did you follow his orders?" I ask smugly. Peter gives me a knowing look and looks back down at his notepad. "So, how would you manipulate a person?" He asks.

"Make them believe they can trust you. Become a good friend and when they are truly needed, take what you need." Peter continues taking notes as I talk. "Or, you could get into their head, find what makes them tick, and use it to your advantage. Threaten them with it, if you must."

"How exactly would you get into their heads?" Peter asks smugly.

Fuck.

I stay calm and try to pull this off, making sure not to slip up again. "As I said before, make them trust you. With trust comes their secrets and greatest fears. Use the fears to your advantage. That's how you get into their head." I hope he buys it.

"Hm." He mutters as he continues taking notes. "Would you say you've had to use these tactics?"

"Maybe. I mean, everyone manipulates at least one person in their lives."

"Would you say you've been manipulated?" Peter asks. I inhale sharply.

"The question is, who hasn't?" I ask, leaning forward in my chair.

Peter leans back and looks me in the eye. "Smart." He mutters. He stands and walks to the door. "I've been asked to do your monthly check-up. Shall we go to the medical ward?" He asks, opening the door.

I roll my eyes and stand. "Seems like someone wants to spend time with me." I flirt and Peter tenses. "You wish."

The medical ward is the same as the rest of the lab. The only difference is the larger amount of machines and medical equipment.

Peter takes me to a small room, similar to the ones at doctor's offices. He pats the bed towards the wall, signaling me to sit. He does the usual things they do at checkups. He checks my reflexes, checks my ears and mouth for any infections, and checks my blood pressure and heartbeat.

"Okay, lay down." He commands. I turn to lie across the bed. He moves up beside me and pulls my shirt up just a bit, only so my stomach shows. My breath hitches when his cold hand comes in contact with my skin. "Just checking to make sure you aren't feeling any discomfort." He mutters. He presses down slightly across my stomach, not enough to hurt though.

After he's done checking he pulls his hand away and lowers my shirt back down. "All set."

It's been a few hours since I was in the medical ward with Peter

It's been a few hours since I was in the medical ward with Peter. The feeling of his hand against my stomach was still on my mind. I try to brush it off as I continue eating dinner.

The majority of the children have left the cafeteria, leaving me with about 2 other kids. They had to be around the age of 8 or 9. They sit there quietly eating. Both eventually stand up and throw out the remaining food on their plates. Soon I'm left all alone.

I don't seem to have much of an appetite at the moment as I sit picking at my uneaten food. "You need to eat." I turn around to see Peter standing behind me, hands behind his back.

"Not hungry." I mutter as I pick at a piece of broccoli with my fork. "You have training tomorrow. You don't want to go in on an empty stomach." He says, moving to sit beside me. "There's always breakfast." At this Peter stays silent, knowing he won't get through to me.

"You're stubborn, you know that?" I turn to look back at him. His eyes look tired and droopy. "I'm aware." "It's admirable." He mutters.

We sit in silence for a moment before he stands. "Come on. I'll take you to bed." I slowly stand and walk to the nearest trash bin, tossing out my food. I follow slowly behind Peter as we walk back to my room. Soon enough we're standing in front of the unlabeled door. He finally notices this and turns to me. "Why isn't your number here?" He asks. I just shrug and open the door, stepping inside. "Good night." I mutter and close the door. I hear a faint, "goodnight" through the door and him walking away.

I walk to my bed and strip off my clothes so I'm only in my undergarments. I slip myself under the covers and let sleep overcome me.