[006]

All the best people are crazy - Melanie Martinez

Me and Peter sit down at the table and he placed the chessboard down

Me and Peter sit down at the table and he placed the chessboard down. He begins to hand me my pieces and I set them up on the board.

Recently me and Peter have been playing a lot of chess. Passed the time quickly and we get to spend time with the people we can tolerate.

002 and 011 still haven't spoken to me since the fight. I couldn't care less about 002, it's 011 I'm worried about. She won't even look at me. I'm aware of Peter's advice and how I won't know till I ask, but I'm just worried I'll scare her away in the process.

"019." I hear Peter mutter across the table. I look up and notice that I'm making the chessboard shake. I quickly stop it and Peter gives me a strange look. "Something on your mind?" He asks. "No. I'm okay." I state, mustering up a small smile. He just sighs as he moves his next piece. "You know you can tell me, right?" He moves his gaze back up to me and I keep my cool. "I know."

I quickly notice an opening and I quickly move my piece. "Checkmate." I mutter, a large smile forming on my face. Peter sits there for a moment surprised. "Good job. You won."

"Took long enough." I mutter as I rid the board of the pieces.

Brenner then steps into the room and all the children immediately greet him. "Peter, 019, I want you to do some one-on-one training. The rest of you, come with me." He hands Peter a notepad that contains the training for the day, and takes the rest of the children.

Once the room has cleared out I turn to face Peter. "Shall we?" He asks. "We shall."

I now sit in a chair with a large display of lightbulbs in front of me

I now sit in a chair with a large display of lightbulbs in front of me. Peter stands off to the side with a notepad.

"Make them glow." He mutters. I take my own pent-up emotions and pulse the energy at the lights, making them glow immediately. "Good." Peter says as he writes down some notes.

"Again."

We do it over and over again. On the last try, I accidentally make the bulbs break from putting too much energy into them. Peter winces at the sight. "I'll have someone come to clean that up." He states as he closes his notepad.

"Come on, back to the rainbow room." He says as he stands up. I follow closely behind him back to the rainbow room.

When I enter I spot 011 sitting down playing one of the games. I slowly approach her and sit down beside her. When she turns to face me I see fear in her eyes and she tries to leave. "011, please don't leave." I mutter, convincing her to stay.

She sits quietly beside me, avoiding eye contact. "Are you scared of me?" I ask, causing her to finally look at me. "I don't know." She mutters. "Why'd you hurt 002?"

"Because he's an ass and he deserves it." She looks me in the eye with sadness. "Am I an ass?" 011 asks. "Nooo. Of course not." I tell her. "So, you're not gonna hurt me?" She asks. "Never. I would never dream of hurting you." I state, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She smiles softly at me and pulls me in for a hug. I smile and hug her back. "And I will never let anyone hurt you." I mutter as she rests her head against my chest. "Friends?" She mutters, looking up at me. "Duh." I smile and poke her nose.

I stand back up shortly after to let her resume her game. I make my way over to Peter who's setting up the chessboard. I sit down across from him and he lifts his gaze to me. "Everything all good with 011?" He asks. "Yep." I mutter, shifting in my seat a bit.

The chess game was long and took a while before I finally found an opening. As soon as Peter moved his piece I moved mine to the opening. "Checkmate." I smile at him brightly. "Damn, again? You're getting good at this. I finally have a worthy opponent." He smirk and tilts his head, causing his blonde hair to fall in his eyes.

I then hear the click of the speakers before Brenner's voice is broadcasted into the room. "Dinner time children. Make your way to the cafeteria." The broadcast ended with a click and everyone in the room stands. I wait till everyone is gone till I finally leave.

Once I'm in the cafeteria I walk to the kitchen to retrieve my food. A plate of grilled chicken and green beans, not too bad.

Since I've been running on an empty stomach all day I quickly eat up the food and make my way over to the bathrooms, grabbing a change of clothes on the way.

I close the shower stall and strip my clothes off and throw them over the top of the door. I turn on the shower, letting the hot water cascade down my back. I have to say the showers are by far the best part of the lab. It's one of the only things that bring me comfort.

I run my fingers through my long, still uncut, hair. I suppose Brenner isn't going to have it cut after all.

I turn off the water and dry myself off with the nearby towel. I step out and slip on my undergarments, along with my hoodie and sweatpants. I scoop up my dirty clothes and run down the halls to my room.

As soon as the door is closed I flip down on the bed and throw the sheets over my head, getting myself comfortable and I slowly drift off to sleep.