[027]

Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life

The rest of the day was spent by me and Peter hunting down any employees in the building and killing them off

The rest of the day was spent by me and Peter hunting down any employees in the building and killing them off. No one can be left alive to start this back up again.

When we finally finished we went back to the rainbow room where the rest of the children were waiting for us.

"What now? Where can we go?" 012 asks, a look of worry crossing over her face. I smile and bend down into a crouching position. "Anywhere we want."

Her eyes seem to twinkle at the idea. The rest of the children start to murmur in excitement, talking about where they want to go and what they want to see. As they chat amongst themselves I spot 002 in the corner, hands in his pockets staring at the floor.

I quietly approached him, slowly. When I stand in front of him he shifts his gaze to look at me, looking worried. "You okay?" I ask him gently. He shrugs his shoulders and shifts his weight.

"It's just weird, none of us have had any freedom before. As nice as it sounds, I'm worried for what the outside world holds." He looks down at his feet, avoiding my gaze.

I smile at him and take him by the shoulders. "Hey, it may be scary, and that's okay. We just take it one step at a time, okay?" I whisper, he looks at me and nods. I smile at him before tapping his shoulder gently and walking back to Peter.

"So, where we gonna go?" He asks as I approached him. I let out a long sigh and look around at the children scattered around the room. "I don't know. As much as we've been waiting for this moment we never thought this far ahead." I turned back to face him. He looks down at me worriedly, placing his hand on my cheek and caressing it.

"We're gonna have to work through it. How about we leave the lab, and walk around till we find a good spot for us to stay? We can leave them here till we find one, they'll at least have a comfortable place to sleep and they won't have to walk around and tire themselves out."

I nod, leaning into his touch. "That sounds like a good idea. Although, how about one of us stays here to watch over them, make sure they don't get into any trouble, and the other can go and look for a place. How's that sound?" I ask him. He thinks about it carefully, nodding when he's decided.

"How about I go?" I ask him. "Y/n, I don't want you going alone." He mutters, looking worried. I smile up at him. "I'll be okay. If it makes you feel any better, I can go with 011. Then I won't be alone." He sighs and rubs the back of his neck. "Okay, that's fine with me."

I smile at him and turn back to the children. "Hey everyone, we've made a decision. I'll be going out to look for a safe place to stay. While that happens Peter is going to stay here with you to keep watch, just in case of anything. Sounds good?"

They all nod, turning back to each other and continuing their chats. Meanwhile, I walk over to 011. When she notices me she turns away from her conversation.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks, looking slightly worried at my stern expression. "Can we, uh, talk for a second?" I ask. She nods and steps away from her group.

"Peter doesn't want me to go alone, and I was wondering if you'd like to tag along. That is if you're okay with it." I ask her, hoping she'll come along. She smiles and nods at me. "Of course!" She jumps up and follows behind me as I walk over to Peter.

"We're going. I'll be back in a bit." I whisper to him. He smiles and leans down to give me a quick kiss. "Be safe." I nod and make my way out of the rainbow room with 011.

We walk down the halls, 011 walking in front. Eventually, we hit a spot she doesn't recognize and she lets me take the lead.

Earlier when me and Peter had scoured the premise for any living entities we were able to figure out the building, letting me now know where to go.

I lead 011 down the hall, taking a few turns before finding the staircase that leads to the exit. We make our way down, walking down the long hallway before getting to the exit. The keycard that Peter and I stole a while ago finally came in handy.

I open the door and exit the building through the back. We come to the back fence that was also opened by the keycard. When we exit we walk through the clearing before entering the woods.

The tall trees around us help us blend in. As calming as the area is around us, we keep our guard up, in case of anyone who would be of harm to us.

As we walk through the woods the leaves crunch under our feet. the wind rustles the leaves on the ground and the branches of the trees, causing a cool breeze to waft in our faces. The sounds of birds chirping are all around us. It's beautiful.

The farther we walk into the trees, more appear, drowning us in the woods. After what felt like hours of walking, and the occasional chit-chat, we hear the sounds of cars.

When we emerge from the trees we see a road, cars speeding down it. Past that is a small building, that seems to be selling food. Not entirely sure what that's called, I think it's a restaurant if that's the word for it. We carefully cross the road, walking towards the restaurant.

I peek through the windows, seeing people eating and chatting amongst each other. I smile at the sight before moving on.

There's a lot to see, more than I thought there would ever be that will be waiting for us as we continue our journey.