[009]

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.

It had only been 15 minutes before I heard a soft knock on my door

It had only been 15 minutes before I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in." I say, loud enough for only them to hear.

When the door opens I see Peter. He smiles down at me and quietly closes the door. I shift up in the bed to sit upright, patting the spot beside me. Peter then comes and sits down beside me.

"So, why'd you wanna see me?" I asked, butterflies swarming my stomach.

"Well, I liked the time we spent together last night." He explains, a wide grin spreading across his face. "I thought why not stay the night with you again." His offer had my face beet red in a second. He chuckles at my very noticeable blush.

"You're not worried that someone will catch us?" I ask. "I mean, It's not like anyone pays us much attention anyways. We should be fine." He says waving his hand, making me chuckle at the gesture. He then leans closer to whisper in my ear again. "Although, I would risk anything for you." The butterflies in my stomach just intensify at his words.

He brushes a strand of hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear. His gaze then drops to the wristband around my left wrist. "What's this? How come I haven't noticed it before?" He asks, as his fingertips trace across it.

"Hold on. Don't-" I start, but then he takes it off. He looks at the number printed on my wrist.

He just looks utterly confused. He traces over my wrist to make sure it wasn't just some kind of makeup. "You're not 019? How come I didn't know this?" He asks, a bit of confusion and sadness hidden in his voice.

"Brenner didn't want anyone to know." I mutter, averting my gaze from his eyes. "It's not like I didn't want you to know. I've thought about telling you."

He lifts my chin so I look into his eyes. "You're not the only one hiding something." Peter mutters.

He pulls back his sleeve to show the numbers printed on his wrist. 001. We stare at the numbers for a good few minutes. "I thought I was the first." Peter breaks the silence.

"Nope." I mutter. "So how come the children don't have your power?" Peter asked.

"Brenner couldn't do it. No matter how hard he tried to clone my power, all the subjects died. I guess they just couldn't handle it." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Then how come you can?" Peter asked. "I was born with them in my DNA. They had slowly developed over time. When I showed my parents they thought I was a freak. They called the lab, they sent me away to be tested on." I explain.

"How come you don't have powers?" I ask, Peter just chuckles. "Oh, I do." He then points to his neck and I spot a small lump under the skin. "This prevents it. I'm not allowed to use my power. I was also taken away from my home. I had killed my family and framed my dad for it. Then I grew up here, being tested on."

"I wish I killed my parents. They're nothing but selfish pricks." I mutter.

"Oh don't worry, you will one day." Peter mutters. "But how? It's not like we can leave." I question him. "Then we make an escape plan, you can get your revenge."

I sit there, thinking about it. How bad would the punishment be if we get caught? "We should think about this. We could get into serious trouble if we're caught." I say, shifting my gaze to look back at Peter. "Fair enough. If we do actually go through with it we're gonna need to develop the plan over time." Peter explains. "Yeah, makes sense." I mutter, then decide I should change the topic.

"So, you wanted to sleep in my room again?" I ask, causing a blush to form on his face. It was the first time I'd ever seen him blush. God was he pretty. "Yeah- yeah, I did." He says, quickly adverting his gaze. I smirk, realizing the effect I'm starting to have on him.

"You're cute when you blush." I mutter, making Peter freeze at my words.

He slowly looks back up at me. His eyes bore into mine, making me shift slightly. His gaze intensifies making me feel vulnerable. Something had seemed to change in him, something deep below the surface, and it had finally started to show.

He leans in towards me, his breath fanning over my lips from how close we are, butterflies erupting in my stomach.

His hand comes up to cup my cheek, brushing his thumb over my lip. My face heats up from his actions. He chuckles deeply. "You're even cuter when you blush."