Chapter 1

"Again, Chaewon? This is the fifth time this week and it is only tuesday" The principal -Mrs. Kim- looked at her with a stern look. "You're one of my best students when it comes to study sign language and the classes in general, how is it that you always get involved in trouble?"

She didn't wait for an answer and just continued to scold her. "I am sorry, but this can't continue. I let you off too many times because of what a good student were, but this time you can't get away. You're expelled"

Chaewon scoffed, but wasn't surprised at all. "Well then" She stood up. "Goodbye" She turned to the door and wanted to go, when Mrs Kims warm voice stopped her one more time. "Chaewon?"

She turned back around and looked at the older woman (who was still fairly young, maybe around 32). "Whatever made you like this, this is not you. Don't let the darkness take over you. Find your light. Good luck, Chaewon"

Chaewon didn't expect this as she saw her smiling warmly. She is an angel, Chaewon immediately thought, then she he nodded. "Chaewon?", Mrs Kim asked her again.

"Maybe you should try something else, I feel like Seoul doesn't suit you. I know someone who can give you somewhere to live in Goseong. Would you be interested?", she told Chaewon, knowing she had nowhere to stay. And she did it because she was feeling sorry for the girl in front of her, ignoring that she should be strict.

Chaewon just looked blankly at her, nothing showed what she was thinking. But then she nodded. "Fine. But who is that someone?" Mrs Kim let out a relieved sigh.

"His name is Lee Jinki, he's my younger cousin. He is nice and I already spoke to him, he would take care of you" Chaewons eyebrow lifted. "You spoke with him about me?", she deadpanned.

Mrs Kim nodded. "You're one of my best students, of course I told him about you" she said with pure sincerity in her voice. Chaewon at this point admired the older for being so good to her, even though she just expelled her and she clearly didn't have to do any of this.

Chaewon even felt like she was not deserving the kindness she was treated with, but she lowered her head. "Thank you, Mrs Kim", she said as she looked up again.

~~~

Chaewon felt like dying.

Not that she always felt like that, but she really was dying from nervousness and anxiety she didn't know where it came from.

Her train had arrived in Goseong a few minutes ago and now she was looking for that Lee Jinki, getting stares from everywhere. To speak the truth, she usually didn't mind the few stares she always got, but right now she felt like an animal in a zoo.

It wasn't because she wasn't good-looking, she was quite the opposite. She was really beautiful, pale skin, cat-like eyes, small nose, perfectly heart-shaped lips and a clear jawline. Her hair was long, dark and wavy, it waved a bit in the soft wind, her bangs casually falling in her face. 

Even her body was perfect - no need to elaborate.

The only thing, that kind of 'destroyed' that perfect image of hers and made all the people look at her, were the white scars on the left side of her face. There were small and thin ones but also some bigger ones. It didn't made her less beautiful; still, it drew looks on her.

Then she spotted a young man (nearly 30) with light brown hair waving at her, standing by his car. Or so she assumed. Chaewon approached him, and as soon as she got near him he started talking.

"Hey! You're Chaewon, right? I'm Jinki, nice to finally meet you!" He was pure, Chaewon sensed that right away. It probably was his first life, she guessed. She let a small yet honest smile show on her face. Jinki was someone with who she oddly was already feeling comfortable.

Almost half an hour later they arrived at the house; it was located a bit outside of the city but she didn't mind that. There she was near the nature. And she was alone.

Jinki was kind. He didn't ask questions, he just informed her about the life in town ever since he found out that Chaewon was more like a quiet person.

~~~

"Soyeon told me, you're fluent in sign language, am I right?", Jinki asked her at dinner, causing her to look at him in surprise, simply because she didn't expect that question. But she nodded. "Yes, I am. Why do you ask?"

Jinki smiled a tiny bit. "On the local school here are a few kids who are... deaf or hard of hearing, and I heard the principal needs tutors for them. What do you think?" Chaewon shrugged. "Doesn't sound bad, I'll think about it"

The man in front of her smiled thankfully at her, she somehow just knew he was worried about the kids at that school. So she smiled back, but this time it wasn't fully real.

After finishing eating, she got up and brought her bowl to the kitchen. She looked at Jinki, he looked back, confused. "I'm going for a walk", she then deadpanned. Jinkis face lit up at that. "Do that! Have fun"

Chaewon went outside and walked across the streets with no clear destination. She got lost in her dark thoughts, so she wasn't all that attentive to where she was walking anymore.

She was torn from her thoughts als she bumped into someone, knocking the other over. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Are you okay?", she asked the boy who fell to the ground.

Oh god, that boy was cute. He was probably 16 (a year younger than her), he was very skinny and had rather pale skin. His unbelievable wide eyes made him look genuinely curious and his full pink lips with an accentuated cupid's bow were perfectly matching the curve of his cheeks.

He just stared at her, most specifically her lips. She held out her hand. "Are you okay?", she asked again, but still the boy didn't respond or even move - he still just stared at her. 

At this point she got a little annoyed. "Jesus. Stop staring at my lips, you creep. Can't you hear?", she hissed but realised immediately, why that boy didn't respond. Her eyes widened a little bit as she signed: You're deaf?

The boy's eyes widened immediately as well. He signed immediately back. Yes. I'm mute too. "Fuck", Chaewon cursed. He was just trying to read her lips right before. The boy misinterpreted her look, most probably judgement. He got up quickly.

She was about to sign 'Are you okay?', when he literally ran away.

Chaewon sighed. "Great job Chaewon, you just successfully scared away another human being", she mumbled to herself, resigned.

——

Hello again~
Here's the first chapterrrr
Have fun, guys and see u next week
Stay safe
Sovara