Chapter 2

It was night.

Chaewon couldn't sleep like always, so she went out for fresh air. Outside, she had an (probably stupid) idea as her gaze fell onto the roof, which she climbed a short time after.

As she sat down on the roof, feeling the cold breeze in her face, she couldn't keep the tears in anymore. The breeze reminded her of her days when she still could fly through the air, freely.

She closed her eyes and cried silently, tears flooding down her cheeks.

She hated herself.

She was covered in blood as she entered the hospital, holding the unconscious, bleeding boy tightly in her arms, feeling how life left his body bit by bit. 'Hold on, sweetheart', she thought as she yelled for help.

"Fuck, why did all of this happen?", she sobbed as her memories caught up with her.

"Chaewon-" "Just do it already, mother", she said lifelessly. Then the only thing she felt was incredible pain in her back. No scream left her lips, no tears escaped her eyes. She fell to the ground, her vision getting black.

She started to feel the scars on her back again, something that didn't happen in a long time. It made things just worse.

Thousand things were going through her mind in the moment she buried her face in her arms, one of them being that deaf-mute boy.

~~~

The days kept passing by and Chaewon decided to take that job as tutor.

(Also she had terrible nightmares almost every night but she kept it a secret from Jinki)

Jinki, the kind person he was, dropped her off in front of the school as he drove to work. She entered the building and already were spotted by a teacher.

"Hello, how can I help you?", the teacher asked. "I'm interested in tutoring one of the deaf kids, Miss", Chaewon told her, trying to speak formal. "Oh really? That would be great, come with me, I'll bring you to the principal"

Chaewon followed her like a dog, but she had no other choice than doing so. The principal was thankful for her apply and told her she could start on this day already. She would be tutoring the apparently new kid everyday for the whole school day.

The boy she got assigned to was named Lee Taemin.

Chaewon got into the class, the teacher from before introduced her to Taemin. It turned out to be the boy she ran into the other day.

He glared at her. Hey. I'm Chaewon, she introduced herself as she sat next to Taemin. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows, looking not that pleased.

Listen please, Taemin. I am sorry for the other day, okay? I didn't watch where I was going., she signed calmly.

People talk about you a lot. Taemin briskly moved his hands around to convey his message while Chaewons stopped in midair. She blinked.

I honestly don't care anymore about what others are thinking of me.

That's the point. And they think you're rude. I didn't think it was true but there's always a fire when there's smoke. She sighed, her hand ran through her long dark hair.

You must be insanely bored here since you're from Seoul, Taemin then signed sarcastically, Chaewon immediately shook her head. Not the slightest way, I like it more quiet, Seoul wasn't my thing at all.

Taemin looked away as he scratched his jaw. Don't take this the wrong way but I think I'm going to ask for another tutor.

Why?, Chaewon immediately asked. We don't really seem like a good fit, Taemin just answered. Somehow, it bothered Chaewon. You haven't even given me a chance yet!, she argued.

Neither did you. Taemin looked coldly at her, which made her tilt her head. You already categorised me when we first met. And that's probably all I'll ever be to you. A guy who can't hear you or talk to you.

That's not true! We're talking right now, Chaewon contradicted, somehow hurt. It hurt her seeing him to talk so low of himself.

You know what I mean..

Yes. Chaewon nods. Yes I know what you mean, so what? I didn't categorise you, I was just... shocked, I guess. And I am really sorry, you're clearly not just someone who can't speak to me or hear me. And after all, you think I'm rude and arrogant? Think of why this could be. My life wasn't great at all until now. I always got judged just like you did it to me too and in the end I got expelled for standing up for myself. I am broken, Taemin. And I'm lonely. Please don't let me feel useless. Just give me a try.

Chaewon finished with a small sigh (she clearly didn't want to tell him all of this but if it was needed to convince Taemin she was willing to), as Taemin clenched his teeth and looked away, trying to suppress the feeling of guilt coming up. Fine.. Try.

~~~

Tutoring Taemin really wasn't hard. Sure, he asked a lot of questions, but since she was the top student in her past school, it was no problem for her.

Taemin seemed to warm up as the weeks went by. So did Chaewon. Sometimes, they even met outside of school, where Chaewon helped Taemin with his homework or they just hung out and talked about the smallest things for hours.

She noticed herself slowly opening up again, something that was very hard for her, and she absolutely knew it was because of that certain handsome, sweet boy.

But all of that didn't stop her from climbing up the roof at night and crying. And of course, the nightmares didn't get less as well. She felt like she was trapped, not being able to do anything about it and she was too scared to talk to Jinki or even Taemin, who she really started to trust.

One time she even came late to school, leaving Taemin kind of worried because she usually was never late. She had had a terrible night behind her, it was obvious, but Taemin didn't ask. He didn't want to invade her privacy or say something wrong.

——

Here's the new part guyssss

Have fun :)
Stay safe
Sovara