Chapter 12

Helloooo
'Take Two' by BTS is out!! I fucking love the song <33
And Youtiful by Skz is so beautiful I cried listening to it..
Anyways have fun with the new chapter :)))
(Funfact: we're already half through the story)

~~~

Chaewon froze at the seriousness and urgency in Jonghyuns voice, her smile dropped.

Taemin was immediately worried. Chaewon, what happened? What is going on? She didn't answer, she just took Taemin's hand and sat with him down on the couch, where Jonghyun already sat.

She already knew what Jonghyun was going to say. She signed to Taemin. Jonghyun wants to talk to me.

About what?, he asked, still worried. Chaewon clenched her teeth. My wings.

"Chaewon, you need to get your wings back" Chaewon had already expected the words, still she wasn't happy to hear them; her jaw tightened visibly. "If you want to protect all of us, you need to get your powers and your wings back", Jonghyun repeated, his voice was absolutely serious, but still calm.

"And how do you think I get back to heaven?!", she uttered. While talking, she translated to Taemin, her hands moving fast and angrily. Taemin absolutely didn't like how Jonghyun made her feel, but he also knew that he was right. In a way.

"I can make a portal", Jonghyun said, Chaewon froze again. "I'll only go if Taemin comes with me. No discussion" Jonghyun sighed, then nodded. "That's fine. I already expected that, to be honest"

She forced herself to calm down and then signed to Taemin. We'll go and get my wings back. Taemin opened his mouth in shock, Chaewon tried to ignore his non-existent tongue. It was something, she still needed to get used to, she suppressed the upcoming guilt. Now?, Taemin asked, she nodded stiffly.

But my mom-, he started to sign, as she already talked to Jinki. "Jinki, Taemin's mom is coming soon to bring some of his stuff. Could you take the stuff then?" The oldest nodded. "No problem, Chaewon. When will you be back? I'll excuse you two at school until then"

"It's hard to say. Probably in a few days. Please take good care of Jonghyun while we're not here", she said, Jinki nodded again and Chaewon translated immediately to Taemin.

Do I need something?, he asked. No, but take this. For the worst case., she signed and gave him one of her pocket knives. The three of them stood up. "You ready?", Jonghyun asked.

You ready?, Chaewon asked Taemin with a worried look, he nodded confidently. "Yes we are", Chaewon then told Jonghyun. "I'll let you out near the palace. Keep Taemin safe. Good luck"

He closed his eyes and as he opened them again, they were completely golden. Suddenly it seemed like reality got a crack right in front of them. Bright, golden light shined out of it and Chaewon quickly covered Taemins eyes, it was too bright for the human eye.

As it got less, there was a big crack in the air. Chaewon pulled her hand away from Taemins eyes and took his hand instead. "Be careful", Jonghyun said. "Talk to Minho", Chaewon answered, then they stepped through the crack.

Heaven was as beautiful as ever.

Taemin looked around in awe, the city in the clouds shined silver in the sun. The buildings of the city were big, but looked quite small, probably because the palace was floating over the city. Everywhere he looked he spotted green spots in the middle of the city, it was like paradise.

When Jonghyun said, he'll drop us near the palace, I didn't think he'll drop us in the palace, Chaewon just signed, as she looked down at the city, not really paying attention to the natural beauty of the heavenly place.

But she got reminded that she wasn't allowed to be here as she heard wings flattering.

She pulled Taemin quickly behind one of the giant pillars. We have to get to the hall of light, it's like a throne hall. But I have no idea how we get in there, this damned palace is well guarded., she signed to Taemin.

We just have to get inside, after that we can easily get out, she added. Taemin thought. Are there hidden entries not many know about?, he finally asked.

Chaewons face lit up. Yes, there are! Taemin, you're a genius!, she signed and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, which made him blush. I know, let's go. We shouldn't waste time., he said. Chaewon looked, nobody was there.

She led Taemin safely through the palace without getting caught. Soon they stood in front of a white wall. Chaewon laid her hand on the wall and it melted away under her touch, showing a hidden entry.

Taemins jaw dropped.

She quickly pulled him inside before someone could notice, the wall closed again behind them. They walked down the small corridor until they reached the end, again Chaewon laid her hand on the white stone, it melted away under her touch.

As they entered the hall of light, it was left completely empty. Taemin couldn't close his mouth anymore as he saw the giant columns, the high ceiling, the big windows. It was all silver and white, shining in the sun.

There was a horizontal arc in the air, with desks and chairs on it, like in a parliament. It didn't float in the air, the arc was sloping and then ending in the floor.

But it was something other, that Chaewon immediately spotted. She pulled Taemin with her.

On an elevated platform in the middle of that arc, were hanging several pairs of white, big, majestic wings, in a glassy box.

Taemin was amazed at their beauty. But he flinched and clung immediately onto Chaewon's arm when they suddenly started moving and flattered like they would feel the presence of their owner and tried to break free from the glass box. Taemin, can you climb up there?, Chaewon signed as she looked up the pillars which were adorned with ivy or some other climbing plants she couldn't identify and held the platform in the air.

I'm not sure, but I think I could do it, he answered insecurely and nervously. Chaewon hugged him calmingly. Then let's try. Don't be scared, I'm right behind you., she signed.