Chapter 3

It wasn't until one night, when she sat on the roof of Jinkis house again, looking up to the stars.

She felt the longing, the want to spread her wings to take her through the heights. "Fuck", she whispered, as more and more tears flowed down her cheeks and here and there a quiet sob escaped her lips. She wanted to scream, the pain in her chest and in her scars getting unbearable. But she just couldn't.

Suddenly she spotted a person walking in front of the house. She knew immediately that it was no other than Taemin, she could sense his warm presence even to that distance.

Taemin looked around, his eyes widened as he saw Chaewon sitting on the roof, her skin and scars literally glowing in the moonlight. She looked so damn beautiful in this moment that Taemin had to take a moment to concentrate again.

Chaewon saw him moving his hands frantically, signing fast. What in every world are you doing up there?? Come down!! Chaewon just smiled weakly and signed one simple word. No.

That was the moment Taemin realised that Chaewon was crying. Taemin immediately got closer, still signing fast and looking worried. Did something happen?

Chaewon hesitated. No, she then signed. But Taemin didn't believe her. Please come down, Chaewon, he literally begged the girl. After a bit she actually climbed down the roof and slowly walked up to Taemin.

What happened?, Taemin demanded to know again, but Chaewon shook her head. I'm sorry Taemin. I can't tell you... yet..., she signed. Taemin, who really worried about her (and maybe also did indeed like her more than he would admit), hugged her a bit hesitantly.

She stiffed, she hadn't had this kind of affection in a long time. But after some time, she relaxed in his arms. She couldn't hold in her tears anymore, crying in Taemin's shoulder.

Taemin would've had no idea that she was crying, if he didn't feel his hoodie get wet and notice that Chaewon's shoulders were shaking. He didn't expect this even more.

Chaewon always was kind of distant and even cold, but now she laid in his arms, crying. She was so vulnerable in this moment that it broke Taemin's heart. He started to gently stroke her back up and down.

Chaewon immediately stiffed, panic filled her veins. Under no circumstances should he feel her scars, so she immediately pushed him away. Taemin looked at her, confused and hurt, but as soon as he saw the panic in her eyes, worry took over him again.

Did I do something wrong?, he signed. Chaewon first didn't respond, she just stared at him. Then she signed with trembling hands: Don't touch my back... please.

Taemin was confused, but nodded. Do you want to go inside?, he asked a bit later. Chaewon took a shaky deep breath and then nodded. Then.. good night, see you on Monday, Taemin signed and wanted to go, as he felt Chaewons cold hand on his wrist.

Please.. don't go. I- She had to pause because her hands trembled hard and new tears glistened in her eyes. I can't be alone right now. I- I need you Taemin, otherwise I would probably do something very stupid.

Taemins eyes widened as he got immediately a thought of what she meant with that. He stepped closer, placed one hand on her cheek and wiped away her tears. He simply nodded, his eyes were warm and soft and calming and just what she needed right now.

Chaewon took his hand and intertwined it with hers. Then she lead him into the house, surprisingly Jinki was still awake. He saw them coming and immediately stood up. "Chaewon, where were you? I was extremely worried.. who is this?"

Chaewon took a shaky breath, while Taemin insecurely clung onto her arm, she flinched a bit at that. "This is Taemin, the one I tutor. We're friends, Jinki. He's deaf-mute"