Chapter 6

Why did you kill them?, Taemin asked immediately. Chaewon breathed out. One after another, Taemin. It only makes sense when you know the whole story.

They sat on her bed, facing each other. Taemins eyes got bigger as he realised that Chaewon was going to tell him everything now. Why she cried that night, why she said she fell (which still made absolutely no sense to him).

Please don't think that I'm insane. And please listen to everything, she pleaded Taemin, her eyes were literally begging him. He nodded, oddly being excited for her story. She took a deep breath and then started.

I'm an angel.

Taemin looked at her with a firstly shocked and disbelieving, then amazed and curious expression. Or at least I was. Taemins gaze now got worried. Go on, he signed.

Well, I better start from the beginning. I was a human once, thousands of years ago. I used to be kindhearted, I helped everyone, and as I died, I woke up in heaven. I can't remember everything, just that an angel waited for me - my mother. She was one of the eldest angels, she gave me wings and made me her right hand.

She paused, giving Taemin time to understand and comprehend. When Taemin nodded, she continued.

She gave me my new name - Chaewon. It means light, beauty or gloss. And my wings -her hands started shaking a little- my wings were beautiful. They were big and white like untouched snow. And they were strong. They could carry me into the strongest headwinds.

She had to pause again, her hands were shaking too much.

I-I was so proud, you can't tell. And at some point there was this kid. He died way too soon, he was scared and had no one. I decided to take him under my wings and raise him as my brother and angel. You're probably already guessing it, but it's Jonghyun.

She paused again, giving Taemin a chance to say something. But he just watched her.

My life was perfect, until a few years ago. Probably nine or ten. Her look darkened. I was too powerful for the elders. I have these two swords, called "Shi", it's Japanese for death. She got out the two pocket knives.

Sorry to say, but these don't look like swords, Taemin signed with a tiny smile. Chaewon smiled weakly too and raised an eyebrow. That's because I don't want them to look like swords. The two knives suddenly changed their shape.

Taemin watched the knives grow with big eyes. Soon, they were two swords, one longer than the other. (A katana and a wakizashi) The deadly looking blades reflected the electric light and almost shined, a powerful and frightening aura surrounding them. Chaewon was fascinated by their beauty, like every time she looked at them.

I can feel the power these swords hold. It's insane, Taemin signed, shivering. The swords transformed back into the knives and she put them away.

That's exactly what the elders thought too. These swords are highly feared by every immortal, it doesn't make a difference from demon to angel in this case. These swords were to mighty, too powerful and the elders were scared I would want to take their place because honestly? If I wanted to, I could.

Taemin had realised by now, how powerful the girl in front of him was. Shivers were going down his spine and he got goosebumps by thinking of it.

So they did the only thing they thought of could stop me as long as I still cooperated with them. Her gaze got extremely bitter. They called me in front of the elders, Jonghyun wasn't there this day. They accused me of something I never did. Well, I did it, but it wasn't my fault.

But they're angels??? Shouldn't they be good and kindhearted and pure?, Taemin interrupted her. Yeah they should, but they aren't, she replied bitterly.

They... they accused me of ditching my duty on guarding an human, this has kinda one of the highest punishment, that's why they chose this 'excuse'. My own mother ripped out my wings. One by one. That's fucking painful, you know?

Taemin covered his mouth in absolute shock.

Take the pain of... being ran over by a truck and multiply it by twenty. Taemin shook his head, this was literal torture she went through. And when I was laying there, bleeding, they kicked me out of heaven. I fell. I fell hard. Chaewon looked at her hands, tears flowing down her cheeks.

These guys who.. harassed you were demons, and if I would've come just a few minutes later, they would've killed you. So instead I killed them, she closed her story. Please don't think of me like I would be a psychopath and would enjoy killing. Please don't be afraid of me.

Taemin cried, as she looked up. Don't cry, Taeminie, she signed. I am not afraid of you, you saved me. You're so strong, Chaewon, you don't deserve any of this!, Taemin signed fast, but shakily.

I know, Taemin. And they know it too. But it's too late, I can't change it anymore, she replied. Taemin furrowed hid eyebrows. I don't think that's true. You're stronger than anyone I know. Even if you don't have your wings anymore, you still have your swords and.. and your strength!

Chaewon smiled weakly. Thanks for believing in me. Taemin smiled too, but looked then seriously at her. Can I see them?, he gently asked. Chaewon stood up and pulled off her hoodie, as she stood with the back to Taemin.

She bit her lip. Taemin sat there once again in absolute shock. Two large scars were going parallel to her spine from her upper back down to almost the height of her hips. Taemin crawled closer and laid gingerly one hand on her scars.

Chaewon shivered as she felt Taemins warm fingertips on her scars. He discovered them, until she did a step away and got her bathrobe and put it on. Taemin just looked at the wall, which was suddenly very interesting. He returned his gaze only when she shortly put her hand on his shoulder. Could you get Jonghyun? I.., she signed then.

First, Taemin had doubts on how he should do it, but then he reminded himself of what Chaewon hasdbeen through and that Jinki was there too, just in case. Don't worry, I'll be right back, he signed and got up.

~~~~
Chaewon revealed her past now..

I hope u like it.
Stay safe and see u next week,
Sovara <3