Chapter 18

Hellu guysss,
I'm here with a relatively short but cute chapter.
Also I'm obsessed with 'Seven' by Jungkook
Have fun with the chapter and go stream Seven :>
Stay safe,
Sovara

~~~~

When they got home, Chaewon made Taemin sit down in the living room. She got snacks and drinks and a blanket and then returned to her love.

Taemin was already cuddled up in a blanket when Chaewon entered the living room. With a genuine, affectionate smile she put down the snacks on the table in front of the couch and turned on the TV.

As soon as she sat down on the couch, Taemin laid the blanket on Chaewon too and cuddled up with her. Chaewon just let it happen with a smile. "What do you want to watch, Taeminie?", she slowly asked, making sure he could read her lips. (Signing was a little hard since her arms were wrapped around Taemins waist)

He shrugged and turned around in her arms, so he was facing the TV as well. What about 'beauty and the beast'?, he then signed. Chaewon smiled. "Excellent choice, baby", she mumbled, knowing he wouldn't hear it.

She put on the film and of course turned on the subtitles. They watched the film, cuddling and eating the snacks.

After the film ended, Chaewon chose to watch 'Mulan' next. In the middle of the film she noticed that Taemin fell asleep on her, causing her to smile.

She turned off the TV and picked Taemin up on her arms, carefully not to wake him up, and carried him to her room, laying him gently down on her bed and covering him with her blanket.

He immediately cuddled up in the blanket, lightly smiling in his sleep. Chaewon smiled at the sight and couldn't resist to place a kiss on his forehead. Then she left the room, quickly walking to Jonghyuns room and quietly opening the door.

The view was almost as cute as the one in her own room; Jonghyun and Minho were sleeping cuddled up in his bed. She tiptoed to Jonghyun and gently brushed stray hair strands away. Then she bend down and placed a tiny kiss on his forehead as well.

With a tiny smile she then left the room again, closing the door quietly behind her. She then looked in Jinkis room, he also already slept peacefully, even though she didn't even remember him coming home.

Maybe it was because she had been too focused on Taemin.

She smiled and closed the door again, heading back to her room. Taemin was still sleeping deeply; she laid down to her boyfriend, pulling him in her arms. He immediately cuddled up with her, snuggling his face into her chest.

Chaewon smiled and stroked through his hair. "I love you, Taemin. Good night, baby", she then mumbled, closing her eyes and slowly drifting into sleep as well.

~~~

"Chaewon, you're accused of ditching on your duty as guardian angel. Is that true?" The voice of Chaewons mother echoed through the hall of light.

Chaewon, who kneeled in front of the counsel, immediately lifted her head. "No, of course not! I would never do this! I only came late because you wanted to talk to me!", she contradicted. "Watch your words, Chaewon, but there you have it! You confessed you came late! But if you still contradict, we have proof", an elder hissed.

"How do you want to proof something that wasn't my fault?", Chaewon desperately wanted to know.

She was scared.

She was scared, because knew what was going to happen.

"We have a witness"

They called someone in, and as Chaewon saw who it was, she lost every feeling of time. Chaewon wanted to die in that moment.

"No... no, no, no don't do this to me! How could you do this, Hwa? You know it wasn't my fault!", Chaewon begged, on the edge of crying. But she didn't.

Seonghwa was her best friend. Seeing him looking down on her, hurt like she was stabbed multiple times through her heart.

Then it clicked and her world went grey. She lowered her head.

It didn't matter what she was doing or saying.

She was too powerful.

The counsel wanted to get rid of her. And not even her best friend sticked to her side anymore.

"Chaewon-" "Just do it already, mother"

Chaewons voice was lifeless, something that nobody ever experienced on her before. Seonghwa now teared up, as he realised his mistake.

Chaewons mother was stunned, but walked up to her daughter.

She placed her hands on the very beginning of Chaewons wings. Chaewon closed her eyes. In the next second her whole body was filled with unbearable pain, she wanted to scream, but she didn't.

It happened again and again and again.

Chaewons mother ripped her wings out; one by one. Seonghwa couldn't bear the view of torture and pain anymore and turned away.

After the last wing fell down next to her, not a single noise had left her lips. Gold blood was flooding out of her back like a waterfall.

She collapsed on the floor, her vision getting blurry.

The last thing she noticed was Seonghwa with his back turned on her. 'Go to hell, Seonghwa', she thought. Then it all went black.

Chaewon woke up from sleep, sweating and crying. Her vision was blurry, this time because of tears. Suddenly she felt soft hands on her cheeks, carefully wiping away her tears.

As she got a clear vision again, she saw warm dark eyes looking at her worryingly. 'Taemin', she immediately thought. She sobbed. 'Chaewon?', he mouthed, worried as hell. "Taemin-", her voice broke, she lifted her hands. (They were shaking as hell though)

Nightmare, she managed to sign. When- when.. I.. the day I... Taemin laid one hand on hers to stop her. You don't have to explain. I'm here. It's alright now, he signed and then pulled her into his warm arms.

Chaewon lost herself in that warmth, but she didn't mind. Taemin was there. She cuddled up with him, laying her head on his chest, listening to his regular breath and steady heartbeat.

She drifted away into sleep again fairly quickly, feeling safe and protected in Taemins arms. She didn't even notice Taemin covering them both with a blanket again anymore.