Chapter 21

Helluuuu
New chapter last minute, sorry I forgot 😭
Anygays have fun
Stay safe
Sovara

~~~

"Chaewon, there's something important we need to discuss" Chaewon looked up from her book and laid it aside. "I'm listening?" "Not here. Please come to the hall of light"

"I-" Her words were cut off by a scream only she was able to hear. She froze. "I can't, mother" "It is really important, Chaewon!", her mother argued.

"I said, I can't!", she growled, she got nervous. Every second that passed was too much. Her human needed her. He was in danger. "No, you're coming with me", her mother ordered.

"I said no, mother!", Chaewon yelled. Someone held her in place as she tried to leave. "What is more important than listening to me, your mother?", she hissed.

"My human! He is in danger!", Chaewon yelled, breaking free from Seonghwa; he held her. In the next second, she was outside the palace, flying down to earth as fast as her wings allowed her to.

She landed in a park, it was dark already. The view she got to see was horrifying; several demons were circling a kid, maybe seven years old.

The kid laid on the ground, bleeding horribly much from cuts on his neck and near his ears. Chaewon went insane, rushing forward as she saw one demon lifting his knife for the final straw.

She could draw the demon away from the boy, her sword parting the head from his body, both turning instantly into dust.

She didn't get a break, even to breathe, as another demon attacked her. She dodged the punch, drawing her short sword from down to up in a fine diagonal cut over his body, he fell immediately on his knees.

The next who tried couldn't even come close as he was relieved of his head from her long sword as she turned. The next was stabbed in his heart. The two who were left, tried to run away, but she was fast after them and also relieved them of their head.

Covered in blood she quickly stabbed the one who was still laying on the ground, also turning into dust, leaving no evidence they ever existed.

Chaewon immediately kneeled down to the boy, trying to stop the blood. She even tried to heal it with her power, but it didn't work. She quickly got up, carrying the boy in her arms.

His lifeless head fell on her shoulder as she flew as fast as she could to the next hospital. "By all angels, please don't die, sweetheart", she begged, as she felt the life leaving his body.

She landed in front of the hospital and not caring about her wings at all she just entered. "Help! He's dying!", she yelled, immediately drawing all attention on her.

"Oh- oh god, what happened?", a paramedic immediately was by her side. "That doesn't matter right now, he. is. dying!", she hissed.

"Y-yes, follow me.. please", he asked. "Get the surgery room ready!", he yelled at some nurses and apparently surgeons as he led Chaewon through the corridors.

In the surgery room, Chaewon carefully let the boy down on a metal table or something like it, the surgeons immediately started to try and save the boy.

She didn't leave the room.
She wouldn't let him out of her sight for once now.
She just waited.

It took nearly two hours until he wasn't on the verge of death anymore.
They had everything tried they could, but they couldn't save his hearing and voice.

It broke Chaewon's heart to hear this. He.. would live, yes, but he wouldn't be able to hear and speak anymore.

She was too late.
She arrived too late.
She failed.

No tears were flowing down her cheeks as she looked down at the sweet boy, who was covered in bandages and band-aids. She didn't cry; as much as she wanted to, she couldn't. The pain in her chest was too much.

She heard running steps on the floor outside and quickly turned invisible. Quick enough, in the next second the door bursted open and a pair ran in.

The women screamed as she saw the boy laying the like dead, she sank down on the floor, crying. "Taemin! Oh god, my boy! M-my b-boy...", she cried in her husbands shoulder, who sank down next to his wife, silently crying.

A doctor entered, both stood up quickly again. "I guess you're the parents of the boy?", he asked with a bow. They nodded slightly with a light bow too.

"Could I get his name? The girl who brought him here didn't say anything at all, I think she knew nothing about him", the doctor asked.

"L-Lee T-Taemin... w-what h-happened?", the boy's mother asked. "We don't know. That girl came in with your son in her arms, screaming for help. He was immediately operated, he was on the verge of death. If that girl would've come a few minutes later... we won't think of that. After the operation, the girl was gone. So no, we don't know what happened to him", the doctor explained with a pitiful expression.

"The only thing we know is, that he was attacked with a knife. His injuries will affect him... he lost his ability to speak and hear. I'm sorry", the doctor explained.

Chaewon's jaw tightened at the words and at the sight of the boy's parents' devastated reactions.

She failed.

She turned to the boy, blending out the adults.
She ripped out a feather of hers, laying it gingerly down in the boy's hair.
She bend down to him, placing a light kiss on his forehead.

A single tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Good luck"

With a scream she snapped out of her cruel dream, feeling warm arms immediately wrapping around her.

Taemin.

He was here.

He was safe.

He was okay.

Chaewon clawed into his back, hiding her face in his shoulder and cried.

Suddenly the door opened and Jinki and Jonghyun entered. At the sight of this vulnerable moment Jinki couldn't do anything but gasp.

"Chaewon??", Jonghyun asked, Taemins gaze dropped on him. "J-Jjong- I-I-I'm f-fine.. I-I j-just n-need.. Taemin.. d-don't w-worry... it w-was just a n-night-mare", she tried to speak, but her voice gave up.

Taemin felt the vibrations of Chaewon's sobs on his chest and tore up too now. With some hand gestures he told them to go. She's safe with me, Jinki, please go. I...

Jinki just nodded, dragging Jonghyun again out of the room and closing the door.

It took a while for Chaewon to calm down; as she did, she fell asleep again from exhaustion.

Taemin was just there for her and comforting her.

~~~

The next day Chaewon woke up first.

She nevertheless continued to lay there, listening to Taemins calm breathing and soothing heartbeat.

He was here, he was alive, he was okay.

"Fuck, I love you, I need you, Taemin. I love you so much", she whispered, hugging him as tight as possible.

Taemin woke up from the vibrations he felt on his chest, but they felt different than the night before, calmer, so he didn't panic. He still opened his eyes to check on Chaewon.

She was hugging him tight - but definitely awake. Chaewon, he signed.

I'm fine Taeminie, don't worry. It was still a godawful dream though.., Chaewon assured Taemin. It was the day, she added as explanation what the dream was.

His eyes widened.

He didn't ask anything.

He just was there for her.