Chapter 2

I restlessly laid on the bed in silence. I felt so guilty; I shouldn't have put my hands on her like that. I allowed my anger to control my actions, and I ended up hurting her...probably more emotionally than physically. I just couldn't stomach the thought of Michael touching her delicate skin...her screaming his name...her hands roaming all over his body as they made love to each other. I was getting nauseous just thinking about it. I should have controlled my anger better than that, but the pain was just too unbearable. I had always felt better not knowing or thinking about what they did behind closed doors, but it felt like now she wanted me to see everything.

It was seven o' clock in the morning when I got up for class. I put on a black tank top and a pair of blue jeans. Then, I quickly drove down to the university, since I only had fifteen minutes to get there. I got to class just in time because as soon as I sat down at my desk, the bell (signaling that class had started) rang obnoxiously throughout the building.

I found my best friend already sitting down. He was a caramel color, tall, slightly muscular, and the definition of a chick-magnet. When he saw me, his brown eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Damn Dre, what happened to you?" Tyrone asked, "You look like you haven't had any sleep in months."

"I got into a fight with Jasmine last night," I mumbled sourly.

"Over what?" he questioned.

"She came home looking like Michael had been fucking her all night, and I-I just lost it." I admitted.

"Damn brotha, that's exactly why I don't trust these hoes. They're always doing us wrong," he responded," but are you okay though?"

"Yeah, I just hate that she let him have sex with her," I muttered flatly.

"Well...that's her boyfriend. You have to accept that shit is going to happen between them," he explained.

I sighed," Yeah, you're right. I was just jealous."

He was silent for a long moment. "Brotha, why haven't you made any moves on her yet? Maybe if she knew how you felt, she would drop him."

"That's never going to happen. She's too in love with him," I responded, my heart sinking deeper into my chest with every word.

"I really think you need to get out. It's the weekend, so why don't you come with me and the rest of my squad to the club tonight?" he suggested.

I nodded, "You know what...you're right. I'll meet ya'll there at eleven." I answered. I needed to get Jasmine off my mind and blow off a little steam. When the professor walked in, the class fell silent. I decided that I would have to cut off my thoughts, and I needed to focus on getting the day's work done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got to the dorm rooms, I noticed a red Ferrari parked in the parking lot. I had never seen it before, so I did not know whom it belonged to. As I was nearing the front door, I heard a male's voice on the other side...Michael's voice. I slowly turned the knob and walked in. As I stood in the doorway, I saw Jasmine pinned against the wall with her legs wrapped around Michael's waist. They were practically sucking each other's faces off, and I could hear Jasmine's soft moans. I felt betrayal and disgust; nothing hurt worse than watching them together.

I cleared my throat loudly, as I made my way to my dresser. I didn't look up, but I knew they heard me because they stopped kissing and he lowered her to the ground.

"Hey bro, how's it going?" Michael asked. I did not turn around to look at him; I just continued to look for the clothes I was going to wear to the club.