as long as you're happy

♡♡

Seungmin had been in love with Hyunjin for as long as he could remember. He had tried to push his feelings aside, but they only grew stronger with time. He watched as Hyunjin dated other people, always hoping that one day he would see Seungmin as more than just a friend.

One day, Hyunjin came to Seungmin's apartment looking happier than ever. Seungmin could tell that something was different. "What's going on, Hyunjin?" he asked.

Hyunjin beamed, "I met someone, Seungmin. He's amazing."

Seungmin tried to smile, but it hurt too much. "That's great, Hyunjin. I'm happy for you."

Hyunjin noticed the sadness in Seungmin's eyes, "What's wrong, Seungmin? Aren't you happy for me?"

Seungmin forced a smile, "Of course, I am. As long as you're happy, I'm fine."

Hyunjin gave him a knowing look, "Seungmin, you know you can talk to me about anything. What's really bothering you?"

Seungmin took a deep breath, "It's nothing, really. I'm just a little tired."

Hyunjin didn't believe him, but he didn't push it any further. "Okay, well, I have to go. I'm meeting him for dinner tonight."

Seungmin watched as Hyunjin left, feeling a pain in his chest. He knew that he could never be with Hyunjin, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

Days turned into weeks, and Seungmin watched as Hyunjin fell deeper in love with his new boyfriend. He saw the way they looked at each other, the way they held hands, and the way they laughed together.

Seungmin felt like he was losing Hyunjin, and it was tearing him apart. But he didn't want to be the reason Hyunjin wasn't happy.

One day, Seungmin mustered up the courage to talk to Hyunjin about his feelings. "Hyunjin, can we talk for a minute?" he asked.

Hyunjin looked at him, "Sure, what's up?"

Seungmin took a deep breath, "I just wanted to say that I know we can never be together, and that's okay. As long as you're happy, I'm fine. I just wanted you to know that I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Hyunjin looked at Seungmin with tears in his eyes, "Seungmin, you don't know how much that means to me. You're my best friend, and I love you. But I love him too."

Seungmin nodded, "I know. And I want you to be happy with him."

Hyunjin hugged him, "Thank you, Seungmin. You're the best."

Seungmin hugged him back, feeling the tears rolling down his cheeks. He knew that his love for Hyunjin would never fade, but he also knew that he would always put Hyunjin's happiness first.

As time went on, Seungmin found himself becoming closer to Hyunjin and his new boyfriend. He was happy to see Hyunjin so in love, and he enjoyed spending time with the two of them.

One day, Hyunjin's boyfriend had to leave town for a few weeks for work. Hyunjin was feeling lonely, so Seungmin invited him over to his apartment to watch a movie.

As they watched the movie, Seungmin couldn't help but steal glances at Hyunjin. He still felt the same way he always had, but he had accepted that they could never be together.

After the movie was over, Hyunjin turned to Seungmin, "Seungmin, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" Seungmin replied.

Hyunjin took a deep breath, "Do you think it's possible for two people to be happy without being in love?"

Seungmin was taken aback by the question, but he knew what Hyunjin was getting at. "I think it's possible. Love isn't the only thing that makes a relationship work. Sometimes, it's about finding someone who understands you and makes you happy."

Hyunjin smiled, "That's what I feel with my boyfriend. He may not be the love of my life, but he makes me happy in a way that I never thought possible. And I have you, Seungmin. You're always there for me, no matter what."

Seungmin smiled back, "I'll always be here for you, Hyunjin. You're my best friend, and I love you."

Hyunjin hugged him, "I love you too, Seungmin. You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

Seungmin hugged him back, feeling content in that moment. He knew that his feelings for Hyunjin would never go away, but he was happy just being by his side and seeing him happy.

♡♡