could you love me while i hate myself

♡♡

Seungmin sat in his room, feeling like he was drowning in his own thoughts. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was a burden to everyone around him, that he didn't deserve to be loved. He had been struggling with his mental health for a while now, but he didn't want to burden anyone with his problems.

He didn't know how long he had been sitting there when there was a knock at the door. He reluctantly got up and opened it, revealing Hyunjin, his boyfriend, standing on the other side.

"Hey," Hyunjin said softly, taking in Seungmin's tired expression. "Are you okay?"

Seungmin shook his head, feeling tears prick at the corners of his eyes. "Not really."

Hyunjin stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Seungmin hesitated for a moment before nodding. He knows he can trust his boyfriend and Hyunjin can make him feel safe.

Hyunjin listened as Seungmin poured out all of his insecurities and fears. He didn't judge him or tell him that he was overreacting. Instead, he listened and offered words of encouragement.

"You're not a burden, my love," Hyunjin said, taking Seungmin's hand in his. "You deserve to be loved just like anyone else."

Seungmin looked at Hyunjin, feeling overwhelmed by the kindness in his eyes. "But what if I can't love myself?"

"Then I'll love you enough for the both of us," Hyunjin said, his voice steady. "I'll be here for you, no matter what."

Seungmin felt tears stream down his face as he realized that he wasn't alone. He had someone who cared about him, even when he felt like he didn't deserve it.

"Could you love me while I hate myself?" Seungmin asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Hyunjin nodded without hesitation. "I already do."

Seungmin threw himself into Hyunjin's arms, feeling like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Maybe he didn't know how this worked, but he knew that he had someone who would be there for him every step of the way.

"I love you," Seungmin whispered into Hyunjin's chest.

"I love you too," Hyunjin said, his arms tightening around Seungmin. "And I always will."

Seungmin pulled back, looking up at Hyunjin with tear-filled eyes. "Thank you."

Hyunjin brushed a strand of hair away from Seungmin's face. "You don't have to thank me. I'll always be here for you, through the good times and the bad."

Seungmin smiled weakly, feeling like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. "I'm lucky to have you."

Hyunjin leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to Seungmin's forehead. "No, I'm the lucky one."

Seungmin wrapped his arms around Hyunjin's waist and held him tightly. "I don't know what I would do without you," he said, his voice trembling.

"You don't have to worry about that," Hyunjin said, rubbing circles on Seungmin's back. "I'm not going anywhere."

Seungmin pulled back and looked up at Hyunjin. "I want to get better. I don't want to feel like this anymore."

Hyunjin smiled softly. "We'll work on it together. You're not alone in this."

Seungmin nodded, feeling grateful for Hyunjin's unwavering support. "Thank you," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Hyunjin leaned down and kissed Seungmin's lips softly. "I love you, and I'm here for you always," he said.

Seungmin closed his eyes and savored the feeling of Hyunjin's lips on his, feeling hopeful for the first time in a long while. He knew that he still had a long road ahead of him, but with Hyunjin by his side, he felt like he could face anything.

♡♡