playing games

♡♡

Seungmin and Hyunjin were sitting on the floor of Seungmin's apartment, surrounded by game controllers and chips. They had decided to spend their Saturday afternoon playing video games, and Seungmin was determined to beat the next level of Fireboy and Watergirl.

"Come on, Hyunjin, focus," Seungmin said, his eyes glued to the screen.

"I am focused," Hyunjin replied, laughing as he controlled Watergirl to jump around aimlessly.

"You're not even trying!" Seungmin exclaimed.

Hyunjin shrugged. "It's just a game, Seungminnie. Don't take it so seriously."

Seungmin sighed, feeling a bit frustrated. They had been friends for years, and he had always admired Hyunjin's carefree attitude, but sometimes it made him feel like they weren't on the same page.

"It's not about winning or losing," Seungmin said, trying to explain. "It's about the satisfaction of completing a challenge."

Hyunjin nodded, his expression softening. "I get it. Sorry for being so annoying."

Seungmin smiled, feeling relieved. "It's okay. I just want to beat this level."

Hyunjin grinned mischievously. "Well, maybe I can help you with that." He reached over and grabbed Seungmin's controller, quickly guiding Fireboy to the end of the level.

Seungmin watched in awe as Hyunjin expertly navigated the game. "How did you do that?"

Hyunjin shrugged, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "I may have played this game a few times before."

Seungmin laughed, feeling his heart warm at the sight of Hyunjin's playful grin. Maybe they didn't always agree, but he realized that Hyunjin's carefree spirit was what made him so endearing.

As they continued to play, Seungmin couldn't help but feel a flutter in his chest every time their hands accidentally brushed against each other's. Maybe it was just the excitement of the game, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more between them.

Hyunjin noticed Seungmin's lingering gaze and couldn't resist teasing him. "Why are you staring at me like that, Seungminnie? Am I distracting you?"

Seungmin blushed, looking away from Hyunjin's playful expression. "No, I just... I don't know."

Hyunjin scooted closer, their legs touching. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Seungmin nodded, feeling his heart race. "I know. It's just... I don't want to ruin our friendship."

Hyunjin's smile softened, his hand gently touching Seungmin's arm. "You could never ruin our friendship, Seungminnie. It means too much to me."

Seungmin felt a warmth spread through his chest at Hyunjin's words. "I know, but... I think I might have feelings for you."

Hyunjin's eyes widened in surprise, but then his expression softened into a warm smile. "I think I might have feelings for you too, Seungminnie."

Seungmin's heart skipped a beat at the admission, feeling a rush of excitement and fear. "Really?"

Hyunjin nodded, his hand now fully holding Seungmin's. "Really. And if it's okay with you, I'd like to explore those feelings."

Seungmin smiled, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders. "I'd like that too, Hyunjin."

Hyunjin leaned in, his eyes flickering between Seungmin's lips and eyes. "Can I kiss you?"

Seungmin's cheeks flushed, but he nodded eagerly. As their lips met, Seungmin's heart swelled with warmth and affection. They broke apart, both grinning widely.

"This is definitely better than video games," Seungmin said, laughing.

Hyunjin nodded in agreement, his fingers still intertwined with Seungmin's. "Yeah, I think I could get used to this."

♡♡