alive together

short chapter ahead

♡♡

this chapter is inspired by the book "my heart and other black holes" by jasmine warga

♡♡

Seungmin sat on the rooftop, his feet dangling over the edge. The wind was blowing through his hair, and he closed his eyes, breathing in the fresh air. He felt Hyunjin's hand on his back, and he turned to look at his friend.

"I can't do this anymore," Seungmin whispered. "I don't want to die alone."

Hyunjin nodded, tears streaming down his face. "I don't want to die alone either."

The two teenagers had made a pact to end their lives together. They were both struggling with depression and felt like they had no one to turn to. But as they sat on the rooftop, looking out at the city, something shifted.

"You're no longer the person I want to die with," Seungmin said softly. "You're the person I want to be alive with."

Hyunjin looked at Seungmin, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "What do you mean?"

Seungmin took a deep breath. "I mean, I don't want to die anymore. I want to live. And I want to live with you."

Hyunjin's heart raced. "You mean, like...together?"

Seungmin nodded. "I mean, if you'll have me. I want to be with you, Hyunjin. Not just as a friend, but as something more."

Hyunjin's eyes widened, and he felt his heart beating faster. "I've always loved you, Seungmin. I just didn't know how to say it."

Seungmin smiled, taking Hyunjin's hand in his. "You don't have to say it. You just did."

The two boys sat on the rooftop, holding hands and watching the sunset. They had both found something they never thought they would: love. And with that love came a new lease on life.

"I don't want to die anymore," Hyunjin whispered. "I want to live. I want to live with you."

Seungmin leaned over and kissed Hyunjin softly on the lips. "Then let's live. Let's be alive together."

The two boys hugged each other tightly, tears streaming down their faces. They knew that life wouldn't be easy, but with each other, they could face anything.

As they made their way down from the rooftop, hand in hand, Seungmin couldn't help but feel grateful. Grateful for the love he had found, and grateful for the second chance at life that he had been given.

♡♡