a letter from the past

tw // death

♡♡

Hyunjin was going through his mail when he came across an envelope that caught his eye. It had his handwriting on it, and it was postmarked from five years ago. As he opened it and read the contents, he felt a pang in his chest.

It was a letter that he had written to himself, detailing his goals and wishes for the future. As he read through the letter, he remembered the person he was back then, filled with hope and determination. But everything changed when Seungmin left this world. He was gone forever, leaving Hyunjin alone and brokenhearted.

Hyunjin couldn't help but feel angry and bitter as he read the letter. He remembered the plans he had made with Seungmin, the dreams they shared, and the love they had for each other. But now, all those dreams were shattered, and he was left alone to pick up the pieces.

Hyunjin sat there for what felt like hours, reading and re-reading the letter. The memories of Seungmin flooded his mind, and he couldn't hold back the tears. He missed him so much, and he wished he could turn back time and do things differently.

He picked up his phone and dialed Seungmin's number, forgetting for a moment that he was no longer here to answer. The realization hit him hard, and he broke down in tears.

"Why did you have to leave me, Seungmin?" he whispered to himself. "Why did you have to go?"

Hyunjin knew that he could never bring Seungmin back, but he could honor his memory by living his life to the fullest and fulfilling the dreams they had together. He wiped away his tears and stood up, determined to make the most of his life and cherish the memories he had of Seungmin.

As he walked out of his room, he noticed a picture of Seungmin on his desk. It was a picture of the two of them, smiling and happy, taken on one of their adventures together. Hyunjin smiled through his tears, grateful for the memories they had shared.

He knew that Seungmin would want him to be happy, to pursue his dreams and make the most of every moment. And so, he made a promise to himself to live his life with purpose and honor the memory of his beloved Seungmin.

The letter that he had received had brought up painful memories, but it had also reminded him of the love and friendship he shared with Seungmin. As he closed his eyes, he whispered, "I love you, Seungmin. Always and forever."

Hyunjin walked out of his house, feeling a sense of clarity and purpose. He was going to live his life to the fullest, just like Seungmin would have wanted. As he walked through the streets, he felt a sense of freedom and joy that he hadn't felt in a long time.

Suddenly, he heard a voice calling his name. It was a familiar voice, one that he had heard before. He turned around, and his heart skipped a beat. It was Seungmin, standing there in front of him, smiling and looking as handsome as ever.

Hyunjin couldn't believe his eyes. Was he dreaming? He reached out to touch Seungmin, and his hand went straight through him. He realized then that Seungmin wasn't really there. He was just a memory, a figment of his imagination.

But even so, Hyunjin felt comforted. He knew that Seungmin was watching over him, guiding him and encouraging him to live his life to the fullest. He felt grateful for the time they had spent together, and he knew that Seungmin would always be a part of him.

As Hyunjin continued his walk, he felt a sense of peace and contentment. He had received a gift from the past, a letter that had reminded him of the person he used to be and the dreams he had once had. And he knew that Seungmin would always be with him, guiding him and cheering him on as he pursued his dreams.

♡♡