8 letters

♡♡

Seungmin lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling as he thought about Hyunjin. They had been dating for a few months now, but he still couldn't bring himself to say those three little words. He had been hurt before and didn't trust himself to open up completely to someone else again.

But Hyunjin was different. He knew Seungmin's worst, had seen him hurt, and never judged him. That scared Seungmin more than anything else. He had been hurt so much in the past, and the thought of opening up only to be hurt again was terrifying.

He turned to his side, facing the empty space next to him. He hated how he pulled Hyunjin close and then asked for space. It was like he was his own worst enemy, standing in the way of his own happiness.

Seungmin closed his eyes, and as always, Hyunjin's face appeared in his mind. He felt complete when he was with him, like his hand fit perfectly in Hyunjin's, as if every line on their hands aligned perfectly.

But still, he couldn't bring himself to say those words, even though he knew that Hyunjin deserved to hear them a thousand times. Seungmin knew that those words were only eight letters, but they felt like the hardest thing he had ever had to say.

As he lay there, lost in thought, he realized that he needed to speak his mind. He couldn't keep holding back his feelings for Hyunjin. He took a deep breath, summoning all his courage, and turned to the empty space next to him.

"Hyunjin, I love you," he said, his voice shaking with emotion.

A few seconds passed, and then he heard Hyunjin's voice from the doorway. "I love you too, Seungmin."

Seungmin turned his head, and there was Hyunjin, smiling at him, his eyes shining with love.

Seungmin felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He had finally said those three little words, and it felt amazing. He pulled Hyunjin close, never wanting to let go.

As they lay there together, Seungmin realized that those three little words, those eight letters, weren't so hard to say after all. All he needed was the courage to speak his mind and the love of someone who knew him best.

Hyunjin wrapped his arms around Seungmin, holding him tightly. "I'm so glad you said that," he whispered into Seungmin's ear. "I've been waiting for you to say it for so long."

Seungmin looked up at him, feeling overwhelmed with emotion. "I'm sorry it took me so long," he said. "I just didn't want to get hurt again."

Hyunjin stroked Seungmin's hair, his touch soothing. "I know," he said. "But you don't have to be afraid anymore. I'm here for you, always."

Seungmin smiled, feeling a warmth spread through him. "I know," he said. "And I'm so grateful for that."

They lay there in silence for a few moments, just holding each other, lost in their own thoughts.

Finally, Hyunjin spoke up. "You know, those eight letters mean everything to me," he said. "They're not just words. They're a promise, a commitment, a declaration of love."

Seungmin looked at him, feeling a surge of love in his heart. "I promise to say them every day," he said.

Hyunjin smiled at him, his eyes shining. "I promise to love you every day," he said.

Seungmin closed his eyes, feeling content. He knew that he had found someone special, someone who understood him in a way that no one else ever had. And he was grateful for those eight letters, for the love that they represented.

♡♡