NO ESCAPE

Dayton:

I've lost track of the amount of seconds, minutes, or days that I have spent locked up in this room. It's so aggravating knowing that there's no where to go while my foot has a chain connected to the floor. Every time Oliver comes into the room my face scrunches up in disgust. I honestly wish I had never gotten into the car with him. What I dumb mistake that I'd made.

"You can keep resisting but it does you no good." Oliver kept trying to have conversation with me but they never worked out in his favor, I never spoke back.

He grabs me by my face and pulls me close. At this rate I don't fight back, I've become a void of myself.

"Stop being so damn stubborn and look at me!" I don't look. I don't speak. I don't even try to push away. It's like I have no reason to keep fighting the impossible. "Fine, be that way." He lets go and takes himself to the dresser. There's a bottle of scotch that awaits him once he makes his way. "I though you should know," he says as he pores the golden brown drink into a clear crystal glass, "your wedding would've been in 2 days."

I froze. In 48 hours I would have been getting married. I would've been married to the love of my life. Angry arises inside of me. I grip the sheets of the bed in rage.

"You bastard!" a smirk crinkles the sides of his lips. I calmed down knowing his gain from this. "Why, why do you insist on taking everything away from me!" I was now sobbing with my face red with anger. His face wrinkled in a way. Not in disgust but as in pity. How could he look at me like that when he's the cause of this? "Don't you look at me like I'm some hurt puppy. You did this. you did all of this! The kidnapping, the wedding , even the kid! this is all your fault and frankly i wish I'd never met you." He threw the glass bottle only slightly missing my head.

"Everything...." he paused to glare at me, "Everything I've done up until this very point has been for you!"

"Well I didn't ask for any of this!" I yelled back. He didn't frighten me like he had when I first gotten here.

"You ungrateful little bitch. I knew I should've never came back to you. You want to know something else? Elliot isn't even mine! but I did what was right and I stepped in to become the father figure he needed." I was stunned. He left me all those years for a kid that wasn't even his. "Get me the fuck out of here. Now!" He shook his head. He then kept hitting himself in the head, was this guy actually fucking nuts?

"I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I have too." He grunted out. Now I was a little shaken but I wasn't about to back down.

"Well you're going to have to hurt me because I'm leaving." I rip the chain out of the wall. Didn't know I can do that. I was careful walking up to him, hesitate but not scared. "I'm not afraid of you." I say as i bump his shoulder and speedily walk out before he could do anything. I don't know why he didn't follow me, or chase after me but I didn't care. I ran down the stairs as fast I could only holding my chain that was hooked to my foot, an oversized sweatshirt, and two day old sweatpants. I was barefoot and the floors were ice cold. That didn't matter though, nothing matter but Darren. My only thought was getting back to Darren. Darren, Darren, Darren.

Hope shines through me as I see what appears to be the front door. I smile rushing to it. I run like nothing can stop me. nothing can it seems as my hand laches onto the handle and flings the door open. I breathe in the air I couldn't think of to smell before. My eyes gleam with joy but I had no time to stick around. I held my chain tight as I took off from the front porch that's lightly dimmed. I could see the street not too far. I can definitely make it. My feet are aching while my heart is pounding. I won't give up so easily, I won't quit, I won't give in, I won't-

Bang.

A gunshot rang through my ears. "Dayton!" Oliver calls out. Where did he get a gun from?! I don't let it stop me. I run through the prickly grass as he keeps firing. He has terrible aim seeing how none have stricken me. He fires 3 more and one grazes my arm. I wince at the pain but its nothing I can't handle. I see the road through some thin layered trees. "Dayton!" Oliver was closely following behind me while reloading his gun. I didn't stop running though, I didn't look back. I look straight ahead towards the road, looking to see if a car would stop. It wasn't a busy road but it wasn't a lifeless one either. Another gunshot rang out and this time directly hitting my shoulder. I yell out in pain, letting the pain only slow me down a little bit.

"You think you can get away from me? You think you'll have a better life outside of this? I fucking own you! You can't escape me Dayton!" Oliver fires another shot hitting me in the leg. I let myself tumble through the trees and out onto the sidewalk. Weakly, I stand up shaking and dash out onto the street. I don't even get a chance to stop and look before I make contact with a car.

Suddenly, I'm flung into the air and harshly come crashing down on the rocky ground. The car comes to an immediate halt as a couple gets out.

"Holy shit man are you okay?" the man spoke up in distress. I then progressed to cough up blood.

"Obviously not! call an ambulance!" His girlfriend said. She crouches down to swing my arm over her head. She then processes to drag me to their car. She wraps my leg with the arm of her jacket as I groan in pain.

"Shhh its alright, I'm Karly and that's my boyfriend Cam. Could you tell me your name and where you're coming from?" she seems frantic but calm trying to stop the blood flow.

I look up in the trees seeing Oliver look down in horror. I laugh hysterically answering, "I'm Dayton and I just came from hell."

That was the last thing I said before succumbing to my injuries.

HI MY LOVES!!! It's been for-freaking-ever!!!!!
I know this is freakishly long and boring but I had to get something started yk. I'm so excited to get things going and to start writing!! Im also thinking should I have Dayton live or die? Oliver live or die? Please vote down below and I'm so excited to be back. Love you all!!!

Dayton alive —> vote
Dayton dead —> vote
Oliver —> alive/dead —> vote

See y'all next time <3