THE HOLIDAYS SPECIAL

Obviously Darren

Dayton

"Dayton look at me." I spared him a small glance "We will be fine. We don't even have to speak to them we can just act like they're not there." I furred my eyebrows. "They're your family Darren I can't act like they don't exist." I fixed my furry sweater in the mirror. Darren sat back with his arms crossed. "Oh what a sight to see." Darren wrapped his arms around me gracefully. He kissed down neck with short little pecks. "We gotta get going before we're late and I make a bad impression." Darren rolled his eyes and grabbed the keys. "You gotta under my family's not like that Day, they're very accepting."

I rubbed my arm. Darren's probably right. They're probably very lovely people. Hopefully. I got into the car nervously. The cold air allowed me to scribble on the window. I could see Darren smiling in the reflection. "What's so funny?" I asked raising a brow.

"Well why you were busy playing in the window, you didn't even notice we were already here." He parked the car right in front of the house. "Oh shit." He could see the widespread panic going across my face.

He grabbed my hands so I wouldn't hit myself and kissed my temple. "Shhh baby you're okay." I leaned into his kisses. "We got this okay? In and out just like that." I nodded letting him kiss me. We shared a passionate kiss for twenty seconds before stopping.

"Okay I'm ready." Darren grinned greatly. I stepped out the car looking at the modern house. It looked calm and cozy. But boy did I know... Darren and I walked up to the door hand and hand. All it took was one ring and the door flew open.

"È qui! Darren, mamma!" A small girl jumped into Darren's arms as a woman stands at the door.

"Vedo che sei finalmente arrivata. Chi parla?" Darren smiles at the woman. "This is Dayton. Dayton this is my sister Maira and he daughter Maley." I waved as Maley shyly hid in Darren's shoulder. "Come in you two come in." The house smelled of fresh baked sweets and was decorated nice and neatly. "Il mio bambino è qui vieni qui!"

A older woman ran up with her arms open to Darren. She kissed all over his cheeks as he tried to push away. I giggled drawing the attention towards me. "This must be Dayton." The woman scanned me intensely. "Very feminine features I must say, you picked a good one." Darren rolled his eyes. "Mom please don't do this." Darren pulled me by my hand.

"Dayton this is my mom Teresa." Teresa sent me a fake smile that anyone could see through. "Nice to meet you." I held my hand out as she simply ignored it. "Darren you should go greet the rest of the family," she looked over at me, "and leave your lover here. You don't know how they'll react." Darren sneered.

"Well they'll just have to get use to my relationship like you did." Darren wrapped his arms around me.
Teresa crossed her arms as we walked into the kitchen. Darren leaned down whispering in my ear.

"Don't be afraid to speak your mind. If they say something to you that makes you feel uncomfortable just let me know and we can leave." I gave him a big grin. "I'll be fine." I whispered back. A elderly woman turned around jumping at the sight of Darren. After all he is 6'3 and she looked about 4'11.

"Il mio piccolo bel ragazzo è venuto a baciare!" Darren bent down so the old woman could give him a kiss on the cheek. "And who's this?" The little old lady said turning to me. "Nonna this is Dayton. My lover." Nonna's eyes widened tremendously.

"Dayton this is my Nonna, Isabella." I held out my hand hoping she'd take it. "N-nice to meet you." My hand started to shake. It was an awkward silence between me and Nonna. Then suddenly, Nonna hugged me. "Welcome to the family." Relief flooded my face as I hugged the old woman back.

Darren looked pretty relieved as well. "Come come, you are the guest at this house, guest always sit at the end." She pulled a chair out as I thanked her.

Darren tried to sneak a bread roll in his mouth but Nonna slapped it out his hand. "Greedy." She scoffs.

"See love, I told you they're very accepting." He kissed my forehead. "You're mother doesn't seem so accepting." I looked over at her crossing her arms.

She sent me an intense glare but Darren shielded from it. "Hey, let's not worry about her, it Christmas eve, let's enjoy it." I smiled taking a deep breath.

Soon enough the dinning room filled up with people.  My nerves started to rise but Darren placed his hand in mine. He winked at me which arose butterflies in my stomach. Once the dinning room was full Darren and I stood up. There had to be at least 14 people at this table including me and Darren. Darren tapped his fork to his glass which gathered everyone's attention. I saw some faces with mixed emotions and some with glee. "Hello everyone! I hope you've had a nice winter so far. Now I would like to introduce you to someone who brightens my mood when days are dark, and who's been standing behind me holding my backbone. This is my fiancé, Dayton."

Gasps spread all around the table and hushed whisperers. "What do you mean fiancé?" An middle aged man announced. He seemed to be a little intoxicated and red. His beer belly sat him up like a balloon but he wasn't bad looking.

"Just what I said uncle Rez. My fiancé." Darren seemed nervous now but didn't show it. "What kinda sick joke? When we said bring someone home, we meant a woman." I flinched at the harsh words.

"We don't need you criticism. We're happy that's all that matters. Now you can sit here and let us be happy, or we can leave and take our food with us." Darren stood holding his keys in one hand and mine in the other.

The uncle scoffed. "Be my guest. Most of us don't want him here either." Everyone at the table looked down to avoid our eyes. "I'm sorry sweetie but this isn't you. You use to be in love with with celebrities J-Lo and Selena. I didn't mind because those were WOMEN. I didn't mind that fact that you slept with girls in high school cause those were GIRLS hun."

Darren slammed his fist on the table. "We'll be leaving now." He grabbed my arm. He dragged me through the house making me stumble on my feet.

"Darren.....slow down.......Darren....... Darren stop!" He stopped in front of the house. "How could they say those things. Things about you.... us!" I made him look me and kiss me. "It alright. We have each other. One is better than none right? Let's go to a coffee shop and have a drink or two." Darren sighed kissing me. "You know me so well." He kissed my cheek. "I know." I replied as we happily walked back to the car. The dinner may not have been what we wanted it to be, but at least we had each other.

That's all that really mattered right?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! I'm so sorry I got this out so late but I've been constantly working. I'm sorry if it seems rushed but I'm running out of ideas so if any of you guys can give me any that would've great. Follow me for notifications of new updates! I love you guys and see you next chapter!