THE PAST

Oliver's son Elliot

Oliver

"We're drowning in debt." Miranda said as her heels clicked the ground. She paced back and forth in the kitchen. I sighed knowing this was coming. She's been complaining this whole time about it. Our three year old son, Elliot, came waddling in the kitchen. "Dada! Look!" He held the phone up in my face. I smiled down on him. "We could go see your cousin?" She snapped her fingers. I raised a brow. "You mean Claire? She hates my guts after what I did to Dayton." I haven't said his name in so long it surprised me. Dayton, where ever you are, I'm so sorry. "Well family is still family. "She'll probably me grateful that you gave her a little nephew. Miranda looked down at our son with a great grin. "Let's go visit her now. It's like a five hour drive right?" she picked Elliot up and sat him on my lap.

"I don't know about this Mira." She smirked grabbing the keys off the counter. She then kissed my forehead and headed out to the car. "W-wait!" I carried Elliot in my arms and ran out with her.

20 minutes later......

"I can't believe we're doing this." We rode by the first building in Watington, Oregon. It reminded me of the first time i took Dayton out on a  picnic date. That was the past, the better times, but now I have a son. Which only happened by Miranda breaking into the sperm bank and stealing my hidden sperm. I won't deny she smart but crazy. she ignored my comment and fixed the mirror on our son. "You ready to meet your auntie?" Elliot giggled clapping his hands. I sighed continuing to look out the window. All the memories of me and Dayton came flooding back. I saw his beautiful face in my imagery. I touched his soft cheek and stroked his hair. Oh Dayton, how I miss you dearly. If only I had stayed. If only I would have explained and brought you with me. If only I could see you face, on last time to say my final goodbye to you. How I am gratefully sorry to have hurt you in any way, and to only have you in my arms would be enough.

"We're here." miranda shook my arm making me jump out of my sleep. She grinned parking the car in front of Claire's apartment. "I don't think I'm ready for this yet." No. I knew I wasn't for this. I wasn't ready for this moment to happen yet. "Look at me." I really didn't want to but she grabbed my face and pulled it towards her direction. "We can do this. We aren't going to let Claire and her partners get to us. We're just going to ask her for some of her share of your uncle's money and if she says no, we'll leave." My hand was shaking but all I did was nod. She kissed  my lips and got out the car. I had so many thoughts going through my head but not even time to process them. I opened the car door and stepped out. I took a couple of deep breaths before getting elliot out of  the car as well. Miranda's heels clacked on the concrete heading to Claire's house door. "Ready?" I  shrugged. I had no idea what to expect. She rung the door bell and footsteps were already coming close to the door. At this point I was trembling.

The door swung open and to my surprise it was not who I expected at all. It was the love of my life. The person who I thought about 24/7. The one who always appeared in my dreams. He looked the same expected with beautifully long hair. He also had a nose ring. "O-Oliver?" I was about to speak when he fainted. I put Elliot down to catch his head. "Claire!" I yelled. I heard more footsteps coming to the door. Great more people are here. "Que se passe-t-il?" She looked at me with murder in her eyes. "I didn't do anything, just help me get him up." She crouched down next to me and took his head out of my hands. "Darren!" A tall, brown man came to the door. "What's up- Dayton!" Without even struggling he picked Dayton up like he was the lightest thing on earth. Who the fuck was he anyways? why is he here? Did Dayton, perhaps, moved on?

Everyone followed Darryl or whatever his name was into the living room. Including me, Miranda, and Elliot. "What happened?" Tony asked coming from the kitchen. "Yeah WHAT happened Oliver." everyone was looking at me. "W-well I d-don't know h-he just said my name and fainted." Miranda put her hand on my back but I was more concerned why Darryl was stroking Dayton's hair like that. I'm the only one suppose to touch him like that.

"Why are you even here? After all this time, why?" I froze. Why was I here? Did I even deserve to be in Dayton's presence? Probably not. Not after what I've done to him. "We've actually come to ask for a favor." Miranda said holding Elliot in her arms. Claire scoffed. "A favor? Are you serious? No way!" Tony pulled Claire into a hug so she wouldn't charge at Miranda. "Fine, but we're not leaving until you hear us out. We didn't drive five hours down here for nothing, and its getting dark."  Miranda plopped on the chair next to the sofa. Claire shot a growling glare at her. "No. No way in hell are you staying here." Claire shouted. It was enough to wake Dayton up. He groaned and everybody turned to look at him. Darryl pulled him into a tight hug and whispered in his ear.

Dayton slowly turned around to face everyone. "S-sorry for the scare. I need to go to the bathroom so please excuse me." He stood up wobbly before dashing to the bathroom. "Oh my." Miranda giggled. I too was now glaring at her. "what?" she gave the most innocent look. I sighed looking towards the bathroom direction. What have I done to that boy and what could I do to make it up to him?

Dayton had spent 20 minutes in the bathroom. Darryl had gotten up to check on him and he was the only person Dayton would open the door for. I chewed my fingernails. Could they have been talking about me? A bout how bad of a person I am? Fuck I couldn't handle this. After 10 agonizing minutes they emerged out of the bathroom. Dayton's hair was covering his face so I couldn't see the expression he was making but I could tell he was crying. "I'm sorry Claire but I don't think we'll be able to attend dinner tonight. Could we take a ring check?" Claire nodded hugging Dayton. "Be safe on the road Darren." Darren kissed her cheek and hugged Dayton tightly against his chest. I smelled Dayton strawberry shampoo and remembered how we both use to smell like that. Without thinking I grabbed His arm and held on tightly. "What are you doing? Please let go of me." I heard the pain in his voice. "Dayton, please, let me explain." He tensed up. "I think you should let go." Darren looked at me dead in the face. I snarled at him releasing Dayton from my grasp. Darren nodded at me leaving with Dayton in his arms. I had lost. I had lost the love of my life. For good, and here was no getting him back this time.

I ALMOST CRIED WRITING THIS CHAPTER. HI GUYSSSSS! I'M BACK! So I had a bit of writer's block but it's cleared and I'm getting back in the habit of writing so give me a little time. Anyways I will keep you guys updated if anything happens. Anyways stay tuned to see what Dayton thought of the whole thing. I LOVE YOU GUYS!