6 》A Guardian Angel

"Baby boy."

A hand curled into his hair.

Slowly brushing back the tangled mess, the movement settling a calm into his muscles.

A peace from the touch that eased him down into the mattress more, rather than waking him up as it was trying to do. The pillow his arms hugged around in exchange for a person to cuddle brought closer into his chest. Burying his face deeper into the soft squish of the foamy bundle, body slipping and wiggling deeper between the various fluffy blankets piled around him in a cozy cocoon of sleepy existence. The covers tucked snug around where he was laid still, the gentle warmth surrounding his body in an embrace he never wanted to let go of. Breaking away from them would mean, the cold. A discomfort. A freeze that would slowly snake around his body and grab hold of him. Dragging him down.

He was comfortable where he was, thank you very much.

And still, the hand combed gently at his hair. Stirring him. Bringing him to the world of the conscious.

"Beautiful boy Jisung, are you awake?"

He popped his eyes open at the name.

Blinking a few times as his sight adjusted to the hazy morning sun drifting in through his curtains, Jisung curled the pillow he was hugging tighter to his chest to cover up the bare skin he knocked out and forgot to cover up the night before. Face burying, digging in, only leaving his eyes visible so they were able to glance around the soft colors of his bedroom. Familiarizing himself with the large beady eyes of the stuffed animals stacked against his wall and mattress, the bundle of folded blankets in the corner, the white dresser piled with too many things to even think about cleaning them off, the case full of his makeup he kept pushed to the side, the floor desk he often settled himself at, the closed laptop with the pure white earbuds plugged in sitting on it's proper mat.

His eyes drifted, gradually, to the wrist filling his vision. Following it's the connection of the joint to the forearm, the elbow, the shoulder, to the many necklaces and earrings it's owner preferred to wear with his outfits. Following their silver lines of jewelry up to the sharp jawline, the squishy nose, the freckles staining his cheeks as if they were splashed with drops of paint, and the brunette hair that was neatly combed back. His best and closest friend since as long as he could remember.

"There you are," Felix smiled at him, hand petting again at the other's hair as he pocketed what looked to be the spare keys Jisung gave for him to keep. He had a seat at the end of the bed, his weight causing the mattress to bounce as he whispered a soft, "I'm sorry I woke you up, but, it's nearly noon."

"Lix," Jisung yawned softly, offering the other his own upturn of the lips back. A meager smile, more sleepy in the fluttering eyes and wrapped up in the sweet dreams he was ripped from. Yet to have shaken their hold on him off entirely. He wiggled farther into their grip, embracing the pillow in his arms tighter, snuggling deeper into the fluffy blankets wrapped as multiple layers of skin around him, sinking down into the divot of the mattress as the hand continued to brush his hair around. Continued to gently thread and weave, scraping gently along his scalp as their patterns mangled around the adoring fingers. Felix always tended to do this; Always was the type to be tender and considerate with him. A connection he appreciated more than anything else in this vile world.

Slowly, Jisung pressed himself to sit up on the bed. Hands still hugged around the pillow, the blankets shying around him cascading down his bare shoulders. Leaving him with nothing but a protection wrapped around his gut and hips, every speckled bit of his muscles sore, every chained connection of his nerves still tingling. His mind still aching, vivid images of the night before and the unknown man who's voice kept ringing in his eardrums hours after his echoes left the room.