Bonus 》Babysitting 101 (A Comprehensive Guide)

Chanseunglix Bonus

Someone smacked the back of his neck.

"Can you help me watch Eun-"

Already knowing who the intruder in his humble home was, the instinctal rocket of his infatuated heart still springing to life at the mere echo of that familiar voice within his skull (How long has it been now? Three months since that freckled nightmare became occupied with another man? Why did his heart still soar with his presence?). The deep resonance of the tone which caused his bones to quiver inside his body, the jostling of twinkling chains ricocheting at the recoil from slapping him, the typical scent of sticky cherry jam blending with the lingering tobacco from the casino that never left his skin no matter the times he rinsed himself free. Knowing he was there to bother him, Chan didn't bother to pay the other any mind. He returned his attention back to the opened notebook sprawled across the counter, "No."

"Please?" Felix pressed again. The pout on his lips audible enough in his drawn tone practically begging for the older to agree to his request. Practically begging to raid his kitchen too, as the freckled menace whipped back around to his refrigerator and tore the doors open.

"No. I don't like kids, Lix," Chan argued back to him, finally setting down the pen he scribbled lines upon lines with down on the kitchen counter beside his notebook. He slumped around, coming to balance himself on the tile counters as he watched Felix's back digging through his refrigerator drawers for a snack, "I like Seungmin, he's cute. Not his kid."

"Pleeeeaassssssse? Until Wednesday, next week? Seungmin is going abroad to do some real estate stuff in Barcelona," Felix told to him. The faint trails of his reverberating voice echoing off the walls of the fridge encasing him within the ice box. Grinding from the drawers opening and closing filling in the gaps while he kept searching for something to fill his stomach with. As if Chan wasn't painfully aware Felix had an overstocked pantry full of delicious meals to cook for himself. Yet the disaster acted as if he was starved while he sifted through his options, "And I can watch him during the daytime but I have to work the poker tables until my shift ends at 2 am. So someone has to be there to keep an eye on him until I can come back. All you have to do is sit and make sure he eats dinner, and then get to sleep."

The rock drummer folded his arms over his chest, and countered, "Why not ask Minho? He's never doing anything."

"Minho is useless when it comes to kids. He enables them to cause chaos," Came the sighed response. A certain truth to his words, Chan understood that in an instant with his own encounters with the particular Lee Minho. He loved the guy, but, damn did he do some weird shit in the prolonged time of their friendship. So, Felix's worry? Valid. Sound. Reasonable. With that, Felix slammed the drawer he was digging in and shut the refrigerator close, turning around to show off the ice cream sandwich he was unwrapping while he spoke, "Also, he's busy moving into his boyfriend's apartment so he can't, even if he could."

The rock drummer tried once more, "I..."

But Felix's glimmery eyes kept staring at him, silently pleading for him to agree.

And Chan was, very very weak for the younger male. Crumpling up like a sheet of water drenched paper whenever he so much as looked in his direction, folding over like a silk ribbon twisting in an intricate dance showcased to spectators while he was whirled through a stagnant air colluding inside his throat, collapsing like the marble corners of ancient statues and the scenes of romance their polished gloss used to reflect before the weather bore down on the figures. Yes, he could admit he still harbored feelings for Felix. He still became twisted around those small fingers when Felix glanced to him. He still answered his every phone call with an odd exhilaration thundering inside his heart that may deliver news playing in his favor. He still became hypnotized by the cavernous melody booming through the other's throat whenever he spoke, still listened for his name to dance to amongst that song.