16 》I Like Firetrucks

The door to the house opened.

Empty.

His eyes tipped down.

To the kid pointing at him.

"Stupid!"

Minho stammered at the familiar face of the child standing in the doorway, "P-poopy pants?"

The child blinked up at him.

"What... What are..." He stepped back, walking backward a length to check for his car parked in the driveway. Then up to the house in front of him. Checking he indeed was at Felix's house. Ensuring the address umbers were correct and he didn't accidentally mix up the male's location with the couple across the street with fifteen kids in his haste to stop by during his errand run. Only to realize he was at the correct house. He arrived to the correct location regardless of his occupied mind busied with a hundred other things, a hundred other worlds, another person which often lounged in his mind as if he owned it for himself, plus the long list of grocery shopping he needed to complete at some point. This was the correct house he had visited countless times before. This was Felix's home. 

Before he looked back to the snotty nosed six year old in the threshold. The same private school uniform on without the blazer. The same cherry red Mickey Mouse backpack set in the foyer of the house behind him. The same vacant eyes watching him as he panicked.

"Huh??????"

A set of footsteps from the inside of the house rushed toward him. Toward both of the perplexed humans stood frozen in the threshold.

"Minho, fudge you, his name isn't poopy pants," The footsteps, Felix done up in his work uniform, hissed as he approached at the speed of light. At the speed of a middle-aged woman in a suburbia power charging down the sidewalk while she wore her yoga pants and bright pink sun visor to encourage her in her summertime exercise. The speed of a school secretary who saw a female student's shoulder uncovered a little too much. He grabbed Minho and pulled him inside, "It's Eunwoo."

But the older was too preoccupied with the tiny demon human scurrying around the inside of Felix's neat and humble homestead. The teeny feet that shuffled like Sonic the Hedgehog along the house's flooring as there clearly was an objective the monstrous thing set off to complete with it's grubby little snot filled hands, sticky fingers that touched everything, every wall, every corner, every bit of furniture, probably even the ceiling if the gremlin could do it while no one was keeping an eye on his human form. Watching the childish bowl haircut run off somewhere into the house as Minho choked around his own saliva, "Felix, there's a kid. There is a kid in your house that you may have kidnapped for the black market, I'm going to alert authorities and swat your ass into Ohi—"

Felix interrupted, "You know the guy who kept coming and sitting at my table, Seungmin?"

Before he could give a confirmation as to whether or not he remembered the mentioned male; He did, he remembered the semi-business fancy outfit he wore in front of the marble elevators, the vaguely young appearance clear of blemishes marking out a true age, the ravings of his own brother complaining about how unfair he was, how attractive he was, how it wasn't fair someone could be so good at poker without cheating, his unexplained access to the high roller and unlimited bets of the top floor Felix worked at; But Felix didn't give him a chance to respond.

Before he nodded to the child happily shuffling back to them.

"It's his."

Minho gasped, "SHIT!?"

"Watch your language I'm watching him, but Seungmin came a few minutes ago to pick him up," His younger brother threatened with a fast slap of his chest, the solid hit knocking Minho back and forcing the air from his swollen lungs with a throaty cough. Felix then shifted his weight, hip leaning onto the wall next to him as his arms folded over the silken shimmer from the royal indigo button up. Both of them watching as the child scurried around the living room of the familiar space, now with an object in his hands, "Well, anyway, turns out Seungmin is an awarded poker player. Professional poker player. Did all kind of tournaments, all kinds of money, big time, high class money from family real estate, higher money from playing. But according to the court, professional poker player isn't a sustainable job so..."