9 》Talk To Me

The door of his bedroom was kicked open.

Minho spun around in his desk chair and carefully peeled the headphones off of his ears to rest around his neck, music pausing with a quick hit of the space bar to open himself to the other invading his personal space for the hundredth time that week. The goblin haunting his dreams. The gremlin that needed to be groomed, fed, watered like an overdramatic house plant cringing at the slightest amount of sunlight touching a miniscule corner of it's farthest leaf. Coming to face that freckled man, Felix, standing blankly in the door's threshold as his eyes tossed up for a moment, seeming to think. His hands in bundled fists by his sides. His gaze completely fazed out. Not a single thought behind those eyes. All empty. No brain. Exactly like a house plant.

Felix stared.

Minho quirked an eyebrow at him, waiting, "Can... Can I help you?"

The other kept staring.

His eyes chased down to Gummy scurrying around his ankles, the faint jingling of the bell collar filling the silence as she got a running start and hopped up onto Minho's lap without a second of hesitation. He gladly wrapped his arms around the bundle of fur, scratching at her sides as he waited for Felix to say anything. Anything at all, beside simply standing as still as a covert spy scrunching sneakily as watch guards passed by him. Besides the clueless eyes gawking vacantly at him as if Minho was speaking a foreign language to him, spouting nonsense from quadratic equations on quantum mechanics exposing layers on top of layers of how the universe selected it's finest proprietors to fight the worst battles.

With a fast 'Oh!' gasped from him and a startling of his body shaking him awake from whatever wondrous daydream land he escaped off to in those few seconds of reticent relief he gave his older brother. Felix perilously leaned a hand on the doorway, his posture rivaling that of royal blood, golden crown of chiseled diamonds refracting spectrums across his kingdom sitting atop the throne of his neat tawny strands. Blending in with reflections off the typical tassel earrings and silver alloy necklaces he adorned himself with. He pinched those chains between his fingers, running the links between them as he sighed, "Right, that's what I was gonna say- You're coming to the casino in a few weeks. They need someone for a security job on the machine codes. I said I know someone."

"I don't know how to do slot machine coding...?"

"Learn it. You're coming."

The older clicked his tongue, shifting as he picked Gummy who had managed to sneak her way up on the desk and to his keyboard doing funky shit on the screen and set her down on the floor. He tucked his legs up, folding them on the desk chair with his own unenthusiastic stylings paling in comparison to his brother. Another hoodie, fuzzy sweatpants keeping him from the cold ghosts slipping around his room unchecked, he was certain his hair probably didn't look combed even if it was. It's not that he didn't care about his appearance, he did, just not when he knew the effort required to be dressed well would only be seen by his computer screens and Gummy. The black cat he currently was dropping on the ground with a cautious hand.

When her paws were set down on the carpet, he addressed Felix with the fast comment of, "You give me Qigong deviation."

He looked down to the black cat sitting on the floor.

Staring up at him.

Scowling, yellow eyes narrowed in protest to being kicked off the desk.

"Hey."

Minho glanced back over to his brother in the doorway.

Felix hissed, "You've said a lot of shit to me, but what the actual fuck does that mean."