13 》Eating Cake With A Spoon

"Lix you're not gonna fucking believe this," He started as soon as the ringing over his headphones stopped, announcing his brother had already picked up the cool. His hands busied with opening up the container he set on his kitchen counter by his sink, fishing around to find a spoon in the filled dish washer as the sweet scent from the dessert flooded into the space. A welcomed tang of sugar that immediately clung tightly to his senses, the spongy goodness of the cake dipping down against the metal edge as he scooped a chunk of the cream cheese icing off the top, "The guy I'm hooking up with triggered an ataxia episode and I am now regretting my life decisions."

"You're kidding," Over the speakers of the headset, Felix's voice strained out the shocked note.

Minho wheezed, "No!"

"Dude? What did you do?"

"What else do I do? Ran away, took my meds, and now I'm complaining to you."

"You ran away?"

"I'm not about to flaunt my neurological disease that makes me look like the town drunk every full moon," Minho complained to him as he nibbled on the rich frosting. Words shaking out in his throat as he tried to calm the painful ache sitting deeply in his chest. Each inhale deeper than the last, sinking farther and farther down into him to ease the disquiet boring into him. That stirring conflict of feelings; Elated he had the chance to meet Jisung, excited at the prospect of seeing him again, disappointed it had to end so soon, disgusted with himself for not being normal, frustrated at their ceaseless repetition always cutting in when he wished to continue forward. He pressed the frosting to the top of his mouth, letting the gooey substance stick for a minute as he lisped, "It's... It's so embarrassing, Lix."

Shuffling came across the headphones. A heavy weight on what sounded like a couch, huffs from his brother announcing he was shifting into another position and the ruffling of what sounded like a blanket being adjusted around a body. Even if he heard another set of winces or groans as he moved, Minho didn't think anything of it as soon as Felix interrogated him, "Wait, so, what happened though? Was it actually the guy who triggered it or was it something else?"

"My stupid fucked up nervous system must've thought I was in some kind of physical or emotional stress? Which means, haha, guess what! Physical stress! Emotional stress! Can't handle it! My nervous system flipped out and went into ataxia mode???" He divulged with a bitter tone sticking to his tongue. The mocks grunting out in his throat as he swallowed down the icing and sliced another chunk of the cake off, immediately chewing on the rubbery saccharine as he hummed around it, "Plus we were eating cheesecake and I didn't even think about the sugars fucking with my my head."

He choked down the bite of cake he took, staring down at the colorful designs of the dessert he impulse bought on his way home.

Uh...

With a shrug, Minho took another scoop on his spoon.

Whatever, I'm already screwed.

Something fuzzy rubbed against the back of his leg.

Without bothering to look down, Minho lectured, "No, you can't gave any Gummy."

"The good news is now you can tell this lucky guy the classic line of 'You make me dizzy with love'," His brother joked the airy words.

"I mean, maybe, but, I hate this. Lix, it's..." He trailed his words off, hesitating as he looked at the smudge of cake remaining on his spoon. Looking at the impurities on the otherwise polished, spotless silver metallic he gripped onto, holding as if it would slip from him at any moment. As if he would loose his balance again, heels tipping back, diving him deep into another endless pit that rocked him around. An impurity, similar to him. To his own existence on an otherwise clean world. Then curling his hand up into a fist, he leaned on the counter, head smacking down into the knuckles as he murmured, "It's so embarrassing. It's humiliating. My cerebellum is so fucked up."