- 14 -

ELIZA

"Come on Izzy, what else do you want me to do?" He groans.

"Why do you even want my forgiveness? You didn't seem to care about me since literally the first time we saw each other." I ask, avoiding his question.

"I want your forgiveness, because I realise what I did to you wasn't fair, whatever animosity I had with your brother should have stayed between us. Dragging you in was wrong of me." He sighs.

Could I trust him? He was willing to admit his mistakes without me having to force it out of him, I think that shows progress in his behaviour. Maybe I should consider a chance.

Everyone deserves chances.

"And I really am sorry. I'm not saying this because you mentioned it, I was going to apologise on the last day of school, but something got in the way."

The music starts to quieten down, indicating our time on the rink was over. We started to head back to the exit.

"Alright, I acknowledge your efforts." I begin, "But you have to buy me lifetime supply of ice cream to make up for everything you owe me, and then I'll forgive you."

He begins to smile, which then falters when he realises, "Wait lifetime? That means you'll never forgive me!"

I laugh at him, "So you found my loophole." I put my skates away and exit the building, leaving him on the bench with his mouth agape.

I stand by the post box outside the building, waiting for Riya to return from the toilet. The sun had returned to its hiding hole, and the heavy clouds above blocked the moon. The white streaks of light from the street lamp illuminated the path around me. Small flurries of ice begin to descend from the sky, surrounding us as it falls gracefully onto the pavement. I could hear gasps and giggles from the people around me, watching them as they all look up in wonder. Some were shouting with excitement, others were laughing with joy. I couldn't help smile, despite the small feeling of sadness that settled in my stomach.

It looked like tomorrow was going to be a white Christmas.

"If I bring all the ice cream you want, will you promise to consider giving me a chance?"

His deep voice fills my ears before he engulfs my vision. I look up at him with my back leant against the red post box behind me and the snow falling at an increasing pace. The minimal light around us casts a shadow over his face, accentuating the rise of his cheekbones and the hard outline of his jaw. A touch of pink brushes the point of his nose, one of the only features reminding me he wasn't a sculpture.

I nod my head slowly, entranced by his deep, chartreuse eyes.

It feels like minutes pass by as we stand there, face to face, peering and studying each others faces.

I think I would have kissed him.

"Izzy!" I snap my head to the left, expecting it to belong to Riya.

Instead Zayn approaches us, with a hard glare directed towards Jasper - who's face was still concentrated on me.

"Zayn! What are you doing here?" I ask, surprised by his presence.

 As he draws closer he replies, "I came for the market with a few friends and saw you from that stand over there." He points behind.

He continues to walk in front of me, placing a bigger distance between me and Jasper. He holds my wrist and pushes me slightly behind him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks Jasper with a small scowl.