Ch. 2

Nessa and Marissa decided to get some cold drinks before getting their flight, so they went to the café near the boarding gate, ordered their drinks and and sat down at one of the tables.

"My god! That man just radiates fear!" Nessa exclaimed, glad to be away from him. "I hope for our sake he's not sitting next to us on the flight..." She continued. "Or that we don't see him till after we get to Phoenix." But as she said that, Marissa saw him come past them to sit in the chairs near the boarding gate.

"Uh... I wouldn't hold too much hope in that last one, bestie." Marissa whispered to her again. Nessa noticed and groaned inwardly, hating the fact that they had chosen that time during the day to make the flight. After a few minutes, their drinks came, and Brock was feeling like he needed a quick coffee before the flight. He got up and walked over to the café, and past the friends. Nessa just stared as he walked in, and got his drink order to go. He then told the person at the counter to deliver a note to the friends' table number after he left, and not to tell them who wrote it. He wrote out the words 'See you on the plane, Ladies.' and handed it the guy. As soon as his coffee was ready, he got it and walked out again, to sit back down where he was sitting before. A few moments after that, the note was given to Marissa and Nessa. They looked at it is disbelief, and Nessa began fuming in anger.

"Of all the damned nerve!" She exclaimed only loud enough for Marissa to hear her. Marissa thinking it was her boss, as he was scheduled to go to Phoenix as well, but for another company's inspections, began to panic. Brock noticed this, and thought it was because she was just another gushing fan. Nessa tried to calm her friend, and they got two more cool drinks to go. As they walked away from the café, Marissa ran into something solid, making her drop her drink.

"Crap, why don't you..." She began, looking up. But instead of some random stranger, it was her ex boss.

"Why don't I what, Miss Saotome?" He queried her. "Having second thoughts about your job, hmmm?" She tried to step back from him, when Nessa stepped up in front of him.

"You got some big brass ones showing up and insinuating that Marissa NEEDS that job!" She scoffed in his face. But Marissa grabbed her friend's arm lightly and whispered the word 'contract' to her friend. They both stepped back away from him after that. Brock hearing the commotion got up and was about to come over, when Drew snapped back and said that he didn't care about useless lazy hussies like Marissa. After he walked away, going to check the gate for his private jet, Marissa sank to the ground and began to break down again. The café staff had witnessed her ex boss's treatment of her, and one of them brought outa bottle of water for her. Marissa thanked them, and let Nessa help her to the chairs. Soon it was time to get their flight. The gate assistant announced over the speakers that they would begin boarding business class and the first few rows for peoples' seats. Nessa checked their boarding tickets and saw that they were in the second row of seats. They approached the gate, and had their tickets scanned.

"It seems you ladies are in for a treat. Someone has upgraded your tickets to business class." The woman informed them. Marissa just looked at her puzzled, and Nessa was excited.

"Cool! Let's go, Ris!" Nessa beamed, and grabbed Marissa's hand dragging her up the walkway. They found their seats, and sat down. One of the flight attendants offered them a glass of wine, before take off and both of the friends accepted them. Moments after, Brock boarded and sat inthe seat on the other side of the aisle of their seats. Both Marissa and Nessa almost dropped their glasses, upon seeing him. They decided to keep to themselves, as so not to anger the beast incarnate. For the start of the almost four hour flight, Brock kept looking their way. He chuckled lightly to himself, before Nessa said that she was going to quickly use the on-flight facilities. This gave Brock the opportunity to talk with Marissa.