Ch. 10

After the show was over, Brock and Marissa, and Mark and Nessa all went back to their hotel rooms for the night. Glenn joined Mark and Nessa, while Jon went with Brock and his sister.

"Ya sure you're okay, sis?" Jon asked her for the millionth time.

"Yes Jon, I'm alright!" Marissa replied, frustrated. "Now, will you stop asking? They just grabbed me and knocked me out. They wanted the match to go their way, after Nessa and I rejected their advances..." She explained. Brock just shook his head.

"They did that, so we would forfeit the match to them." He added.

"Alright, okay." Jon held up his hands at them. "I just wanna make sure, kiddo."

"You ask me one more time if I'm alright, Jon?" Marissa began, making him look at her. "And I'm going to slap you upside your big, dumb head!" And with that, she stormed off to the bed, leaving both Brock and Jon stunned and in awe of her strength. Brock loved her even more after that, and Jon knew not to piss his little sister off.

"Mark, will the match be a dangerous one?" Nessa asked, back at their room. He nodded and explained that it would most likely be made a No Disqualifications match, giving The Judgement Day a chance to cheat their way to a win.

"Or they could make it a tables one, where we'd have to be put through a table for the win." He went on. "Ultimately, WE will do anything to win."

The next day was a rest and recoup day for all of them, and since the location for the TLC show was in Mark's home town of Austin Texas, and he invited everyone to come to his ranch, as he definitely had the room to accommodate them all.

Jon got his own room, down the hall from Mark and Nessa. Brock and Marissa would have one of the guestrooms downstairs, while Glenn would take the other. They all settled in, as Mark, Brock, and Glenn had all taken part of the trip to drive the eight seat SUV van back to Mark's ranch, and Mark making the final drive, arriving at night. Glenn and Mark fired up his barbeque, and Mark got steaks, chicken, and other meats from his walk-in fridge. Nessa, Jon, and Marissa sat outside to talk, while Glenn got the marinades, and Mark got the drinks. They then came out and began to cook.

"So Glenn?" Nessa began. "How's things been, since you don't have the Wwe in your life now?"

"Things have been good." He replied. "So how did you and Mark come together?" And she regaled him of her tale.

"Jon, why did you become Marissa's family?" Brock asked as Nessa was talking with Glenn. Jon put his food down, and began the story.

Flashback :

"You will never BE good enough!" Her mother yelled. "Face it, we're stuck with you until the end!"

"That's not true!" Marissa yelled back at her. "I AM good enough, but you won't let me have anyone around to let you see just how good I really am and can be!"